PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on today games

modd
04-24-2016, 08:11 PM
I am very very frustrated. a average 0-0 peformance at sunderland. Yes its another game unbeaten )( only loss three games since january ) and its always tough game their with them fighting for their lives but the
lack of pace and movement today was scary.
We were so slow, inspid, powderpuff and would have lost to a better team.

In end the title gone of course now and good luck to Leicester. Yes they had easy game against pathetic swansea today with a 4-0 win but still did job well without vardy so fair play to them

I hope they get over the line instead of spurs of course . key is tommrow night. if west brom can draw or beat spurs title then leicester are champions and race for second is on but if spurs win still all to play for in title race for now untill monday may 2nd when spurs go to chelsea.

both spurs and leicester have tough games next week at united and chelsea which i doubt either will win.

For us we mess up this title their no doubt about it. It was great chance this season and to be honest we blown it.

Manager messed around with the team to many time after we beat leicester 2-1. we drawn to many game second half of the season.

Cech, per and kos should have been playing all the time together but instead per was dropped was a big big mistake and led to silly goals against likes of west ham and palace. no considence its been two clear sheets with kos,per and peter back together. we were so solid at back till january and then he messed around with back four.

yes sanchez was injured since november but other strikers like theo and oliver did not turn up second half of the season which has cost us big times. They seem devoid of confidence which has not helped us.

In end the top four it is again. We need to add some numbers in the summer and make sure that we can have to consitant half of the season for once and keep our best defence together. we got talent , its just keeping our nerve second half of seasons.

Aim nos is to finish season well with last three games and get second place which would be our best finish since 2004 and 2005..

win our last three games and try and finish ahead of those lot down the lot which is still possible with only a four point gap.

overall another missed chance at title but we have to go at it next season again but it harder with pep at city that for sure.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
04-24-2016, 08:24 PM
I can't think why your being so negative modd. Leicester are 12 points ahead but there are still 4 games left with 12 points to play for. It is really quite conceivable, I believe, that they will suddenly realise just who they are and collapse like a pack of cards.

Tottenham have to face a dogged and determined West Brom tomorrow so their wheels could easily fly off. Then they have Chelsea which they won't win either. After that their faith in themselves will disappear and they will lose their next two aswell, I guarantee it mate.

Believe!!

modd
04-24-2016, 08:36 PM
Well we can,t cath leicester for certain as 12 points behind with 3 games left so title gone now

But your right second still on and still fancy us to catch spurs as still got to go chelsea away, southampton home be tough game.

plus pullis will park the bus and make it tough for them and see them getting a draw

so second be something at least.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-24-2016, 08:53 PM
We are now likelier to finish 5th than second. Spurs will slaughter tomorrow as they slaughtered Stoke -another so-called difficult game. I can only see Chelsea giving them a hard time which is worrying because well as they are plying I can;t see Leicester getting result at both Manu and Chelsea.

We lost the league in that poor sequence of results against Manu and Swansea.

The game at Citeh is huge. Win that and we can be 3rd lose it and we could be 5th,

Always been pro-Wenger but finsihing 5th would surely be a reason for him to step down.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
04-24-2016, 09:14 PM
Well we can't cath leicester for certain as 12 points behind with 3 games left so title gone now

I can't hear you, I can't hear you

modd
04-25-2016, 12:52 AM
We are not going to finish 5th mo. No way. united can only get to 71 points at most even if win game in hand. we only need seven ponts from last nine to finish top four as our goal difference is way better then their. we might not even need 71 points to be top four if united don,t win all their games. they still got to go to west ham away and norwich/

so look we finish top four but i think second on. if spurs draw or lose tommrow which i think will happen against brom team that drew 2-2 at leicester don,t forget. we got a chance as their heads will be down for chelsea if they fail to beat west brom.

city vs us could decide who ends up in top three or second.

either way we know lot more whether it we can get second after spurs vs west brom.

point is still am sad the title not arsenal this year and shame we let it go. to many draws second half of the season. Just got to hope leicester can get over the line. still got a lot of work still to do.

I don,t think we finsh outside the top four.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-25-2016, 06:04 AM
Spare me the pointless optimism Modd. Read your posts every weekend since we started faltering and you'll know what I mean.

Our only hope of finishing top four is that our game against City is between their two Madrid games and that Manu have to go to West Ham (where they won very recently) and play Leciester at home.

There is absolutely no chance of Spurs not crushing a very average West Brom team who made our toothless tigers look good last week. Spurs will at most drop points at Chelsea. I told you weeks ago we weren't winning the league, I tell you now second is not on anymore.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
04-25-2016, 06:53 AM
We are not going to finish 5th mo. No way. united can only get to 71 points at most even if win game in hand. we only need seven ponts from last nine to finish top four as our goal difference is way better then their. we might not even need 71 points to be top four if united don,t win all their games. they still got to go to west ham away and norwich/

so look we finish top four but i think second on. if spurs draw or lose tommrow which i think will happen against brom team that drew 2-2 at leicester don,t forget. we got a chance as their heads will be down for chelsea if they fail to beat west brom.

city vs us could decide who ends up in top three or second.

either way we know lot more whether it we can get second after spurs vs west brom.

point is still am sad the title not arsenal this year and shame we let it go. to many draws second half of the season. Just got to hope leicester can get over the line. still got a lot of work still to do.

I don,t think we finsh outside the top four.

Spurs will hammer WBA - FFS modd, even we beat them. 5-0 to spurs at least. They'll win all their remaining games easily and that may be enough to win the league. They'll then go on to dominate English and European football for years and possibly decades.

Bergkamp Was Best
04-25-2016, 08:09 AM
I'm relying on us to at least win our final 2 home games against Norwich and Villa to secure 4th spot, that's also reliant on Man Utd dropping points in their final 4 games.
It's time for change, surely even the most pro-Wenger advocates can see that.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-25-2016, 08:15 AM
I think we'll sneak into 4th provided we don't **** up against Norwich. But if we need anything from the City game we could miss out.

I've always been pro-Wenger and I don't think his departure will automatically improve things unless there is a sea-change in the attitude of the main shareholder but his reputation has been tarnished over the past few seasons and he should walk if we drop out the top four and certainly shouldn't sign a new contract unless we win the league in his final year.

Even if he stays and wins the league he would be pushing 70. So time for a new career and new leadership imo. No later than the end of next season.

redgunamo
04-25-2016, 08:18 AM
I'm relying on us to at least win our final 2 home games against Norwich and Villa to secure 4th spot, that's also reliant on Man Utd dropping points in their final 4 games.
It's time for change, surely even the most pro-Wenger advocates can see that.

It actually depends on line of enquiry at any given moment. We don't want Wenger to stay just because of results; a large part of it is because it's *Wenger*.

This debate cannot be "won", I'm afraid. If we're doing well, He should stay. If we're not doing so well, He should stay in any case, because it's *Him*. On the other hand, He'll certainly be leaving soon-ish anyway.

SWv2
04-25-2016, 08:32 AM
Wenger Out!

In a carefully managed and non-aggressive way of course, next summer presumably at this rate. Who to come in mind you, blimey.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-25-2016, 08:36 AM
Who to come in? Some of the names bandied about - Guardiola, Klopp - are no longer available. Roberto Martinez stock has all but disappeared.

An old favourite - Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira - would be crowd-pleasing but could go horribly wrong.

I suspect we'll get some respected foreigner. But I'm stumped.

Sir C
04-25-2016, 08:38 AM
Koeman. Sorted.

redgunamo
04-25-2016, 08:40 AM
Who to come in? Some of the names bandied about - Guardiola, Klopp - are no longer available. Roberto Martinez stock has all but disappeared.

An old favourite - Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira - would be crowd-pleasing but could go horribly wrong.

I suspect we'll get some respected foreigner. But I'm stumped.

It really doesn't matter anyway, whoever it is. Our old manager (Wenger) will be far more important than any new one, for many years to come.

SWv2
04-25-2016, 08:40 AM

An old favourite to work with an actual manager perhaps. I know Bergkamp and Vieira have worked in various roles at other clubs but perhaps too soon. The logisitics of travel with the Dutchman perhaps a stumbling block.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-25-2016, 08:42 AM
An old favourite to work with an actual manager perhaps. I know Bergkamp and Vieira have worked in various roles at other clubs but perhaps too soon. The logisitics of travel with the Dutchman perhaps a stumbling block.

If Stan carries on wielding his dead hand over the club we may not need to travel much further than Hull and Plymouth.

SWv2
04-25-2016, 09:02 AM
Koeman. Sorted.

Hmmmm. I like him but he does appear to have a very fat head.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-25-2016, 09:05 AM
And Steve Mclaren has a more convincing Dutch accent.

Ash
04-25-2016, 09:09 AM

When we're a mid-table side we won't have to worry about aeroplanes. Dennis In!

SWv2
04-25-2016, 09:10 AM
And Steve Mclaren has a more convincing Dutch accent.

Not as fat a head though.

He's often a strange colour sometimes, drink related maybe.

Seems a good manager all the same, impressed with how he has managed Southampton in the face of so many players leaving. Him and Bergkamp, there you go.

Or the de Boer twin at Ajax. Not the ex-Rangers one. I don't like him.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-25-2016, 09:11 AM
How about Bilic? He's doing a great job and seems strangely dignified.

SWv2
04-25-2016, 09:12 AM

You may jest A but it's a rum end to the season.

I think 4th is not going to be a problem as if nothing else United won't take full advantage of our ****ness. So a CL qualifying route, not ideal.

Wenger out.

Red N White Army
04-25-2016, 09:14 AM
It actually depends on line of enquiry at any given moment. We don't want Wenger to stay just because of results; a large part of it is because it's *Wenger*.

This debate cannot be "won", I'm afraid. If we're doing well, He should stay. If we're not doing so well, He should stay in any case, because it's *Him*. On the other hand, He'll certainly be leaving soon-ish anyway.

Indeed. or +1.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-25-2016, 09:15 AM
Qualifying could mean playing Inter or Villareal. No pushovers.

Sir C
04-25-2016, 09:18 AM
How about Bilic? He's doing a great job and seems strangely dignified.

Bilic looks like a bloke who'd mug you as you walked through the Vieux-Port en route to your hotel, having just partaken of half a bottle of Pastis, a particularly fine Bouillabaise and a litre of Pic-St-Loup.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-25-2016, 09:21 AM
An extra in a Jacques Brel film peut-etre?

Luis Anaconda
04-25-2016, 09:24 AM
Bilic looks like a bloke who'd mug you as you walked through the Vieux-Port en route to your hotel, having just partaken of half a bottle of Pastis, a particularly fine Bouillabaise and a litre of Pic-St-Loup.

If he could afford half a bottle of Pastis, a particularly fine Bouillabaise and a litre of Pic-St-Loup why would he mug you

SWv2
04-25-2016, 09:24 AM

I had two bottles of this on saturday evening after a few beers. So ****ing sick yesterday.

Sir C
04-25-2016, 09:27 AM
I had two bottles of this on saturday evening after a few beers. So ****ing sick yesterday.

Lovely stuff. I can see the slopes of the hill from the place I go to each July.

Sir C
04-25-2016, 09:28 AM
If he could afford half a bottle of Pastis, a particularly fine Bouillabaise and a litre of Pic-St-Loup why would he mug you

Because he's spunked all his euros on half a bottle of pastis, a particularly fine bouillabaise and a litre of Pic-St-Loup.

modd
04-25-2016, 09:32 AM
Spurs will hammer WBA - FFS modd, even we beat them. 5-0 to spurs at least. They'll win all their remaining games easily and that may be enough to win the league. They'll then go on to dominate English and European football for years and possibly decades.

Spurs if they lose tonight only four points ahead and only then need them to lose to chelsea and draw with newcastle and we finsh ahead of them. but look need them not to win to have any relistic chance of catcthing them after tonight. so we all west brom fans

they won,t dominate english football. they had a good season but so did liverpool when they were second in 2014 and looks what happens. they never keep hold of their best players. kane , eriknson and ali be chased by bigger clubs and so lets wait and see how they cope then.

In terms of us huge disspointment not wining the title this year. need to refresh the squard in the summer. i would say goodbye to

flammi
mikel arerta
thomas rosicky

Mo Britain less Europe
04-25-2016, 09:35 AM
We are saying goodbye to those three already. I think we may need up to another half-dozen goodbyes if we're going to break the cycle of stagnation.

modd
04-25-2016, 09:47 AM
agree. I wonder if theo walcott needs to move on. The lad been great in terms of heart and desire but he not developed and for me once your 26 as a player your not really going to change to much. I think best get a good deal for him and find a replacement.

breaks my heart to say that though but thats the reality. he just needs a new challenge and i think we need striker to replace him. i keep giroud who just needs confidence, wellbeck and sanchez.

redgunamo
04-25-2016, 09:55 AM
We are saying goodbye to those three already. I think we may need up to another half-dozen goodbyes if we're going to break the cycle of stagnation.

Thing is though, once you want to change nine players, there can be little argument left against changing the manager.

Bergkamp Was Best
04-25-2016, 10:49 AM

I'm not after a debate, I'll just give it to you straight! :fight:

Change is scary sometimes but the board needs to start planning for his departure. They won't sack him so it's one more season and then it should be adious amigos! :nod:

redgunamo
04-25-2016, 10:58 AM
I'm not after a debate, I'll just give it to you straight! :fight:

Change is scary sometimes but the board needs to start planning for his departure. They won't sack him so it's one more season and then it should be adious amigos! :nod:

There's not too much they can do, is there; who knows who'll be flavour-of-the-month at that time. And if necessary, Steve Bould could do a temporary job.

redgunamo
04-25-2016, 04:51 PM

:nod: In the future, football will mostly be played on the internets, in any case.

DB10 in!