PDA

View Full Version : I fear for the future of awimb. It's slower, half the people haven't made the switch

Mo Britain less Europe
04-22-2016, 03:19 PM
and not having this tree stuff means many replies are out of context making decent threads bad and bad threads totally unintelligible.

Proof if it were ever needed that doing something different isn't always progress - unless you count negative progress as progress.

SWv2
04-22-2016, 03:26 PM
You appear to be fearful of change.

I was on a corporate course on Monday and Tuesday of this week where the course bint spoke about change management and the associated fear, the concept of variation being evil.

I suspect you would have fallen at the first hurdle.

For the record I have now left the course and won’t be completing it.

Burney
04-22-2016, 03:28 PM
and not having this tree stuff means many replies are out of context making decent threads bad and bad threads totally unintelligible.

Proof if it were ever needed that doing something different isn't always progress - unless you count negative progress as progress.

I can't think of anyone who hasn't made the switch that I'd miss, tbh.

Burney
04-22-2016, 03:30 PM
You appear to be fearful of change.

I was on a corporate course on Monday and Tuesday of this week where the course bint spoke about change management and the associated fear, the concept of variation being evil.

I suspect you would have fallen at the first hurdle.

For the record I have now left the course and won’t be completing it.

I can imagine you would be in your element in such an environment, sw. As we all know, your tolerance for corporate bull****-speak is extremely high :hehe:

Mo Britain less Europe
04-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Do you look forward to dying? No? You're fearful of change then.

Burney
04-22-2016, 03:33 PM
Do you look forward to dying? No? You're fearful of change then.

I would if I were in extreme pain, yes. Change per se is not to be feared, merely change from good to bad.

SWv2
04-22-2016, 03:35 PM
I can imagine you would be in your element in such an environment, sw. As we all know, your tolerance for corporate bull****-speak is extremely high :hehe:

Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training.

Honestly.

:-|

Surrounded by complete ****ing wrongcocks who actually wanted to do the course, I was being forced by my boss very much against my will.

I came back on Wednesday, had some words / gave some feedback but bit my tongue. We followed up last evening with a second meeting once we had all calmed down and as far as I know I am no longer expected to attend or complete the ridiculous pile of ****ery.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-22-2016, 03:35 PM
Quite that was my point. I'm not sure what benefits hve come from this change.

redgunamo
04-22-2016, 03:44 PM
Quite that was my point. I'm not sure what benefits hve come from this change.

We can embed YouTube videos and vines now.

Burney
04-22-2016, 03:48 PM
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training.

Honestly.

:-|

Surrounded by complete ****ing wrongcocks who actually wanted to do the course, I was being forced by my boss very much against my will.

I came back on Wednesday, had some words / gave some feedback but bit my tongue. We followed up last evening with a second meeting once we had all calmed down and as far as I know I am no longer expected to attend or complete the ridiculous pile of ****ery.

You have to admit that sending a chap of such a conservative and sceptical bent as yourself (and I mean that as a compliment) on a course about change management that involves high levels of bull**** is pretty funny, though :hehe:

Burney
04-22-2016, 03:50 PM

Yes, I quite enjoy that. Makes whatever point you happen to be illustrating much more immediate.

PSRB
04-22-2016, 03:50 PM

http://quotesblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/happy-gof.gif

SWv2
04-22-2016, 03:51 PM
You have to admit that sending a chap of such a conservative and sceptical bent as yourself (and I mean that as a compliment) on a course about change management that involves high levels of bull**** is pretty funny, though :hehe:

Yes, some/many of my colleagues found the entire episode absolutely ****ing hilarious.

redgunamo
04-22-2016, 03:55 PM
http://quotesblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/happy-gof.gif

Blofeld, my backfoot :rolleyes: