PDA

View Full Version : I tell you what Clive, if I was a jewish I'd be feeling a trifle nervous right now.

Sir C
04-22-2016, 10:51 AM
The Left's ongoing unholy alliance with Islamism was always where, but the election of Endlösung enthusiast Jeremy and his equally unpleasant chums has made rabid anti-semitism the default mainstream position for the Labour party and its apologists. And now the NUS have upped the ante with the election of the ghost of Yasser Arafat in drag, it would appear that young peoples' minds have been correctly programmed according to the Party line.

**** knows who they'll come after next.

The Jorge
04-22-2016, 10:53 AM
:rolleyes: he's got jewish bloody ancestors.

Stop believing telegraph scare stories. Jeremy is a nice man, just because he doesnt believe that all Muslims are evil it doesnt make him an anti-semite.

Sir C
04-22-2016, 10:56 AM

Stop believing telegraph scare stories. Jeremy is a nice man, just because he doesnt believe that all Muslims are evil it doesnt make him an anti-semite.

I've got Irish ancestors and I can'tr stand the ****ers :shrug:

I don't read the Telegraph; it's as mental as the Guardian but lacks the inadvertant humour.

Burney
04-22-2016, 10:59 AM
The Left's ongoing unholy alliance with Islamism was always where, but the election of Endlösung enthusiast Jeremy and his equally unpleasant chums has made rabid anti-semitism the default mainstream position for the Labour party and its apologists. And now the NUS have upped the ante with the election of the ghost of Yasser Arafat in drag, it would appear that young peoples' minds have been correctly programmed according to the Party line.

**** knows who they'll come after next.

Yes. I'd gone under the radar on The Guardian for nearly 48 hours, but as soon as I popped up to point out that someone who spends a lot of time condemning Israel, banging on about 'zionists' whilst either refusing to condemn or expressing her support for nakedly anti-semitic groups like ISIS and Hamas is, on balance, probably a screaming ****ing anti-semite, I got banned again. :-(

You'd think these anti-semites would have sussed not to use the term 'zionist' pejoratively by now, wouldn't you? We all know what they mean and they're fooling no-one, after all.

Luckily, the left is increasingly turning itself into a self-reflexive circle jerk that real people simply don't give a flying **** about. If I thought these people had any real influence I might worry, though.

Burney
04-22-2016, 11:01 AM

He sure does hang out with an awful lot of anti-semites for such a nice Jewish boy, doesn't he? :rubchin:

Sir C
04-22-2016, 11:01 AM
Yes. I'd gone under the radar on The Guardian for nearly 48 hours, but as soon as I popped up to point out that someone who spends a lot of time condemning Israel, banging on about 'zionists' whilst either refusing to condemn or expressing her support for nakedly anti-semitic groups like ISIS and Hamas is, on balance, probably a screaming ****ing anti-semite, I got banned again. :-(

You'd think these anti-semites would have sussed not to use the term 'zionist' pejoratively by now, wouldn't you? We all know what they mean and they're fooling no-one, after all.

Luckily, the left is increasingly turning itself into a self-reflexive circle jerk that real people simply don't give a flying **** about. If I thought these people had any real influence I might worry, though.

Ooh, bad luck. Perhaps a completely different name might help next time?

Burney
04-22-2016, 11:02 AM
I've got Irish ancestors and I can'tr stand the ****ers :shrug:

I don't read the Telegraph; it's as mental as the Guardian but lacks the inadvertant humour.

Mind you, I was amused to see Obama delivering his message for Remain in The Telegraph. I imagine that went down well :hehe:

Burney
04-22-2016, 11:03 AM
Ooh, bad luck. Perhaps a completely different name might help next time?

I'd already tried that. To be honest, I was testing to see if they were paying attention.

7sisters
04-22-2016, 11:04 AM
He sure does hang out with an awful lot of anti-semites for such a nice Jewish boy, doesn't he? :rubchin:

You have to change that handle b.. I'm getting confused. I keep seeing Burnley :-(

The Jorge
04-22-2016, 11:48 AM
This just from an hour ago:
I would like to send my warmest wishes to Jewish communities all over Britain who are preparing for the Pesach holiday.
I have always been moved by the Passover story of the Israelite escape from enslavement. It is a universal message of the struggle for liberation and freedom, and one that continues to inspire many who fight for justice and equality all over the world.
The 19th century Rabbi of the North London Synagogue, Joseph Morris, summed up its meaning when he said: “Passover affirms the great truth that liberty is the inalienable right of every human being."
That is the message I will be thinking of over the Pesach holiday. I believe it is an aim and a principle that every one of us can support and cherish.
I would like to wish you all Chag Sameach.

Ash
04-22-2016, 11:53 AM
I would like to send my warmest wishes to Jewish communities all over Britain who are preparing for the Pesach holiday.
I have always been moved by the Passover story of the Israelite escape from enslavement. It is a universal message of the struggle for liberation and freedom, and one that continues to inspire many who fight for justice and equality all over the world.
The 19th century Rabbi of the North London Synagogue, Joseph Morris, summed up its meaning when he said: “Passover affirms the great truth that liberty is the inalienable right of every human being."
That is the message I will be thinking of over the Pesach holiday. I believe it is an aim and a principle that every one of us can support and cherish.

:thumbup:
10 characters

7sisters
04-22-2016, 11:55 AM

Ah... Re-working the ' Why, some of my best friends are black schtick. Pack it in Jezza, you're not fooling anyone.

The Jorge
04-22-2016, 12:04 PM
Ah... Re-working the ' Why, some of my best friends are black schtick. Pack it in Jezza, you're not fooling anyone.

In fairness, some of his best friends *are* black,

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multimedia/archive/00977/422e6fc0-5cb2-11e5-_977183c.jpg

Ash
04-22-2016, 12:14 PM

Can you cite evidence to support your claim, beyond the 'friend of a friend of a friend once shared a train carriage with a one-eyed man with a hook for a hand' type innuendo?

Luis Anaconda
04-22-2016, 12:34 PM

Jesus wept at the weakness of that argument j - come on

Luis Anaconda
04-22-2016, 12:36 PM
Jesus wept at the weakness of that argument j - come on

:hehe: apparently all based on this quote

“Going back a lot further, there is a Jewish element in the family, probably from Germany.” ffs

Dr Headgear - Wannabe viking
04-22-2016, 12:38 PM
Are we talking about Zac now? Who lobbied ministers about Babar Ahmad, the had his campaign point out how close Khan was to him?

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2016/04/22/revealed-zac-goldsmith-repeatedly-lobbied-ministers-about-ba

The Jorge
04-22-2016, 12:41 PM
He employed a Jewish chap in his constituency office, I believe. He's not an anti-semite FFS.

I think there's a concerted effort to paint anybody who criticises Israel as an anti-semite, which is ridiculous as I know plenty of actual card-carrying jews who object to it.

Sir C
04-22-2016, 12:42 PM
:thumbup:
10 characters

It's odd, that with such a love for Red Sea pedestrians, he's quite so enthusiastic about Hamas and Hezbollah and simply uninterested in addressing the anti-semitism endemic in his party :shrug:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/18/labour-antisemitism-jews-jeremy-corbyn

Luis Anaconda
04-22-2016, 12:51 PM
I'm not agreeing with what Sir C says, merely pointing out that you (he) are still presenting silly rebuttals which hardly help the issue. Lots of slave owners gave work to lots of black people so they definitely aren't racist then. Didn't Nigel Farage marry a foreigner - bang goes the Xenophobia accusations against UKIP

Sir C
04-22-2016, 12:54 PM
He employed a Jewish chap in his constituency office, I believe. He's not an anti-semite FFS.

I think there's a concerted effort to paint anybody who criticises Israel as an anti-semite, which is ridiculous as I know plenty of actual card-carrying jews who object to it.

:hehe: Exactly how many of these jews do you know? Is it like all the muslims you know? You're not like most people who have a few friends and lots of acquaintances; no, you have literally thousands of ethnic and religious minority members explaining their political views to you on a daily basis. Amazing :hehe:

The Jorge
04-22-2016, 12:57 PM
Obviously the main point is that he's a nice bloke who's fought against pretty much every sort of discrimination, not just racial or religious discrimination, for his whole life and the idea of him being against a race is just ridiculous. Short of doing something to counteract the accusations he's an anti-semite there's not much he can do.

Ash
04-22-2016, 01:03 PM
Are we talking about Zac now? Who lobbied ministers about Babar Ahmad, the had his campaign point out how close Khan was to him?

http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2016/04/22/revealed-zac-goldsmith-repeatedly-lobbied-ministers-about-ba

My word :hehe:

The Jorge
04-22-2016, 01:06 PM
Zac Goldsmith?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/3854812/khaaaaan-o.gif

04-22-2016, 01:09 PM
My word :hehe:

It's quite remarkable, isn't it? Almost as if the Tories are just interested in smears.

04-22-2016, 01:10 PM
:hehe:

Luis Anaconda
04-22-2016, 01:17 PM
Those rose-tinted glasses borrowed from Nicosia, j?

The Jorge
04-22-2016, 01:22 PM
:hehe: Exactly how many of these jews do you know? Is it like all the muslims you know? You're not like most people who have a few friends and lots of acquaintances; no, you have literally thousands of ethnic and religious minority members explaining their political views to you on a daily basis. Amazing :hehe:

I grew up around Finsbury Park, Stoke Newington and Stamford Hill and went to school in Highgate and Hampstead. It's fair to say I would have struggled to not have a few jewish friends.

The Jorge
04-22-2016, 01:23 PM
Those rose-tinted glasses borrowed from Nicosia, j?

Do you honestly believe he's anti-semetic though?

Sir C
04-22-2016, 01:26 PM
Do you honestly believe he's anti-semetic though?

Well it's apparently a common issue and a massive problem amongst the party, which surely is made up of similarly 'nice' people who campaign against other isms?

They just hate the jewishers :shrug:

Luis Anaconda
04-22-2016, 01:29 PM
Nope but it is prevalent among the section of the party (something acknowledged by among others the boy Jones in a recent article) that he leads and which he is the most prominent figure in that section . You're very quick to point the finger at Conservatives with dodgy ties - does this not work both ways. Is he not be tainted by the company he keeps too?

The Jorge
04-22-2016, 01:33 PM
Apart from all of the jewish people in the actual party, of course, of which there are loads.

04-22-2016, 01:34 PM
I've seen anti-semitism on the left, I've seen snti-semitism on the right, I've seen anti-semitism in the center.

I've also seen political opponents of all of these groups attempt to overplay it for their own political ends.

Sir C
04-22-2016, 01:35 PM
Apart from all of the jewish people in the actual party, of course, of which there are loads.

And how do they feel about rampant anti-semitism from the 'nice' people around them being ignored by 'nice' Mr Corbyn, who is 'friends' with the gentlemen who lead organisations predicated on the destruction of their race, I wonder?

Don't tell me, they love it, because you know them all personally and they've told you :rolleyes:

Burney
04-22-2016, 01:36 PM

Many of whom are now expressing serious concern about the direction that party is taking and the increasing prevalence of anti-semitism within it, you mean?

Sir C
04-22-2016, 01:38 PM
I've seen anti-semitism on the left, I've seen snti-semitism on the right, I've seen anti-semitism in the center.

I've also seen political opponents of all of these groups attempt to overplay it for their own political ends.

In this country though, even the likes of Owen Jones is acknowledging it as a problem, so it's clearly nothing to do with political opponents trying to score points. I don't know about the situation in Denmark, sorry.

04-22-2016, 01:38 PM
Not denying it exists, but prevalent is a bit strong.

There's also something massively unappealing about some of the finger pointing, lots of pot calling the kettle black.

The Jorge
04-22-2016, 01:40 PM
Nope but it is prevalent among the section of the party (something acknowledged by among others the boy Jones in a recent article) that he leads and which he is the most prominent figure in that section . You're very quick to point the finger at Conservatives with dodgy ties - does this not work both ways. Is he not be tainted by the company he keeps too?

I'm not sure it's actually anything within the Labour party, but he has shared a platform with a fair few people I certainly wouldnt have been comfortable with standing alongside at some rallies. Especially if he harboured any ambitions as leader, which obviously he never did.

It's also worth pointing out that I'm not a Labour person, though I am a fan of JC's, always have been, and am especially proud to at the moment. I've been just as critical of them as I have been of the Tories - especially the NuLabor years, which did more to hurt the working class in this country in the long term than most Tories could ever manage - but the Tories are the Government and I do feel some form of scrutiny is required, especially when so few of the media dont seem to think it's their job any more. Especially the emasculated BBC who would prefer to stay out of the firing line rather than run critical pieces nowadays.

The Jorge
04-22-2016, 01:40 PM
Are you some sort of perishing Part-Keeeeeenyan?

04-22-2016, 01:43 PM
No, no point scoring going on when Cameron, in parliament, starts pointing out the people Khan has associated with, while neglecting to mention that his own candidate for London Mayor was actively petitioning on his behalf.

Interesting to see you can agree with Jones occasionally though.

Yes, there is a problem with anti semitism, yes it does exist on the left, but let's not pretend it's somehow ideologically isolated there.

The Jorge
04-22-2016, 01:45 PM
Well one local councillor from North Leeds said it was all *******s this week, if that helps.

Luis Anaconda
04-22-2016, 01:46 PM
Apologies, Dr H - you are correct. Prevalent was too strong a word

Couldn't agree more with the second point as well

The Jorge
04-22-2016, 01:47 PM
I think we can rule that out under "whataboutery"

PSRB
04-22-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm not agreeing with what Sir C says, merely pointing out that you (he) are still presenting silly rebuttals which hardly help the issue. Lots of slave owners gave work to lots of black people so they definitely aren't racist then. Didn't Nigel Farage marry a foreigner - bang goes the Xenophobia accusations against UKIP

Donald and Ivana Trump :judge:

Sir C
04-22-2016, 01:48 PM
No, no point scoring going on when Cameron, in parliament, starts pointing out the people Khan has associated with, while neglecting to mention that his own candidate for London Mayor was actively petitioning on his behalf.

Interesting to see you can agree with Jones occasionally though.

Yes, there is a problem with anti semitism, yes it does exist on the left, but let's not pretend it's somehow ideologically isolated there.

I'm not pretending anything. I'm just suggesting that, were I jewish, I would be concerned at the possibility of a Labour election win :shrug:

Burney
04-22-2016, 01:52 PM
Not denying it exists, but prevalent is a bit strong.

There's also something massively unappealing about some of the finger pointing, lots of pot calling the kettle black.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/18/labour-antisemitism-jews-jeremy-corbyn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36034657

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/19/why-i-am-becoming-a-jew-and-you-should-too

And that's just for starters. So the question is this: if so many prominent Labour-supporting Jews are seeing this as a growing problem, why are the likes of you and Jorge so ready to deny it?

04-22-2016, 01:56 PM
And were I Jewish, I'd be surprised and amazed at the sudden sensitivity of the Conservative party to my fears.

The Jorge
04-22-2016, 01:58 PM
Come on, it's not like they spent the last election laughing at a jewish guy trying to eat a bacon sandwich or anything

Sir C
04-22-2016, 02:01 PM
And were I Jewish, I'd be surprised and amazed at the sudden sensitivity of the Conservative party to my fears.

Who the hell is talking about the Conservative party? Are you accusing me of being a spokesman for the Conservativbe party, or is this a standard 'chuck in a reference to something completely irrelevant' to obfuscate the issue?

Burney

Really? Why? Jews have long been intrinsic to the Conservative Party. We had a Jewish PM in the 19th century and Mrs T was MP for Finchley and surrounded herself with Jews in cabinet and other senior positions - not least because she felt the virtues of the Jewish people perfectly embodied modern Tory values.

So if you're going for the 'Tories are anti-semites' line, I'm afraid that dog simply won't hunt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36034657

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/19/why-i-am-becoming-a-jew-and-you-should-too

And that's just for starters. So the question is this: if so many prominent Labour-supporting Jews are seeing this as a growing problem, why are the likes of you and Jorge so ready to deny it?

Oh come on Berni, it's not like you to be completely ignorant of the internal politics of the labour party.

As I've said above, repeatedly, there is anti semitism on the left (as well as the right) and it's a problem.

Burney
04-22-2016, 02:04 PM
Come on, it's not like they spent the last election laughing at a jewish guy trying to eat a bacon sandwich or anything

Wrong. Everyone laughed at a hopeless adenoidal wrongun trying to eat a bacon sandwich. Trying to turn that into an anti-semitic slur is a ludicrous reach. I might also point out the Oliver Lewin/Michael Howard Pigs Might Fly Labour advert. Or the one where they represented Michael Howard as Shylock.

04-22-2016, 02:05 PM
Pure as the driven snow, the Tories. "Some of my best cabinet ministers are Jews".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/8870909/Oxford-Tories-nights-of-port-and-Nazi-songs.html

As for "not least because she felt the virtues of the Jewish people perfectly embodied modern Tory values"

Errr..... Are you saying they're money-grabbers?

Burney
04-22-2016, 02:07 PM
Oh come on Berni, it's not like you to be completely ignorant of the internal politics of the labour party.

As I've said above, repeatedly, there is anti semitism on the left (as well as the right) and it's a problem.

Well the 'internal politics' here seem to be between Jews who feel the Labour leadership is pandering to and indulging itself in profoundly anti-semitic politics and those who want to pretend it's just a few bad apples.

04-22-2016, 02:08 PM
Who the hell is talking about the Conservative party? Are you accusing me of being a spokesman for the Conservativbe party, or is this a standard 'chuck in a reference to something completely irrelevant' to obfuscate the issue?

Oh don't be such a coquette. We're having a discussion about UK politics, how are the Tories irrelevant?

Burney
04-22-2016, 02:10 PM
Pure as the driven snow, the Tories. "Some of my best cabinet ministers are Jews".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/8870909/Oxford-Tories-nights-of-port-and-Nazi-songs.html

As for "not least because she felt the virtues of the Jewish people perfectly embodied modern Tory values"

Errr..... Are you saying they're money-grabbers?

I've heard Sir C sing the Horst Wessel song. Doesn't make him an anti-semite. Indeed, I know he's not.

Oh, and I actually meant the Jewish values of respect for education, self-betterment, self-reliance and hard work.

Interesting that you went immediately to 'money grabbers', though.

04-22-2016, 02:11 PM
Well the 'internal politics' here seem to be between Jews who feel the Labour leadership is pandering to and indulging itself in profoundly anti-semitic politics and those who want to pretend it's just a few bad apples.

That's a remarkably decontextualised reading.

The Jorge
04-22-2016, 02:13 PM

It's a bit more complex than that, like here where JC tells Gerald Kaufman - a prominent Labour Jewish figure - to stop saying the Tories are pro-Israel. http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/sir-gerald-kaufman-blasted-labour-10381513

04-22-2016, 02:14 PM
I've heard Sir C sing the Horst Wessel song. Doesn't make him an anti-semite. Indeed, I know he's not.

Oh, and I actually meant the Jewish values of respect for education, self-betterment, self-reliance and hard work.

Interesting that you went immediately to 'money grabbers', though.

Ah yes, I must be an anti-semite. That or I don't see any virtues in Tory politics.

I'm sure singing Horst Wessel song is just a bit of high jinks of some sort, sounds like great fun.

Burney
04-22-2016, 02:20 PM
I'm sure singing Horst Wessel song is just a bit of high jinks of some sort, sounds like great fun.

Say what you like, it's a grand tune. It's certainly better than reggae.

Altogether now:

:music:

"Die Fahne hoch! Die Reihen fest geschlossen!
SA marschiert mit ruhig festem Schritt..."

The Jorge
04-22-2016, 02:21 PM
Wrong. Everyone laughed at a hopeless adenoidal wrongun trying to eat a bacon sandwich. Trying to turn that into an anti-semitic slur is a ludicrous reach. I might also point out the Oliver Lewin/Michael Howard Pigs Might Fly Labour advert. Or the one where they represented Michael Howard as Shylock.

Or the one where Anne Widdicombe said he had something of the night about him?

Is this *really* a left right thing though, or is it just a thing thing?

04-22-2016, 02:25 PM
Say what you like, it's a grand tune. It's certainly better than reggae.

Altogether now:

:music:

"Die Fahne hoch! Die Reihen fest geschlossen!
SA marschiert mit ruhig festem Schritt..."

What the **** is that supposed to mean? They don't even write in proper English.

TheCurly
04-22-2016, 02:26 PM
Look,can we all just stop talking about Jews? They invented communism you know.And capitalism come to think of it.

redgunamo
04-22-2016, 02:28 PM
What the **** is that supposed to mean? They don't even write in proper English.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Burney
04-22-2016, 02:35 PM
Or the one where Anne Widdicombe said he had something of the night about him?

Is this *really* a left right thing though, or is it just a thing thing?

Oh, I'm happy to concede that Ann Widdecombe was and is simply a nasty, old-fashioned Catholic anti-semite.

However, none of that distracts from the fact that right now there is an endemic problem with anti-semitism on the left. The reason for it is quite simple and quite obvious - namely the fact that the left (which now controls the party) has uncomfortably close ties with extremist Islam via groups such as Stop The War and various anti-Israel alliances. So the problem is not that it's one or two bad guys, it's that the left is now inextricably linked with active and vicious anti-semites of the very worst kind and the Party is unable and unwilling to face that fact.

04-22-2016, 02:46 PM
Yes. And just as there are those on the left that attempt to hide their anti-semitism under the cover of anti-zionism, there are those on the right who attempt to exploit Islamaphobia under the guise of anti-anti-semitism....

It's a funny old world, eh?

Snin
04-22-2016, 07:09 PM
Ask ash imo