PDA

View Full Version : The thing is, there’s literally not one good reason to not let Wenger see out his

Monty92
04-21-2016, 09:08 AM
current contract, unless it meant missing out on a favoured replacement this summer. There is not one single credible argument for why he should go now, rather than next summer.

If our fans wanted to be taken seriously, they’d let him do that. But they are pig ignorant vermin.

PS: I'm a Knobmoomin, and Headgear has his powers back.

Pokster
04-21-2016, 09:14 AM
current contract, unless it meant missing out on a favoured replacement this summer. There is not one single credible argument for why he should go now, rather than next summer.

If our fans wanted to be taken seriously, they’d let him do that. But they are pig ignorant vermin.

So what happens if we finish 5th... you have said he should leave then, so isn't that one good reason anymore?

reg
04-21-2016, 09:15 AM

Jose Mourinho, imo.

Red N White Army
04-21-2016, 09:16 AM
The best reason is the sense of inevitibility. It's going to happen, so may as well be now to allow a new manager to recruit and plan for the long term. I'm struggling to see where a scenario where he extends his contract, even if he won the league. I'm very much a AKB, in Twitter parlance, but even I can see we may as well bite the bullet and move on.

Monty92
04-21-2016, 09:18 AM
So what happens if we finish 5th... you have said he should leave then, so isn't that one good reason anymore?

That would be a reason, but if we win tonight we're third and yet finishing third will change the minds of no-one who wants him out this summer.

Monty92
04-21-2016, 09:20 AM
The best reason is the sense of inevitibility. It's going to happen, so may as well be now to allow a new manager to recruit and plan for the long term. I'm struggling to see where a scenario where he extends his contract, even if he won the league. I'm very much a AKB, in Twitter parlance, but even I can see we may as well bite the bullet and move on.

But even if he did extend his contract, due to his age we'd still be looking at a change 3, 4 or 5 years down the line. So the inevitability is there anyway.

The Jorge
04-21-2016, 09:20 AM

We'd be in with the best shout of winning the league in aeons

Piers Morgan
04-21-2016, 09:22 AM

Serial AW masturbator. No wonder you're blind to the obvious.

Pokster
04-21-2016, 09:24 AM
That would be a reason, but if we win tonight we're third and yet finishing third will change the minds of no-one who wants him out this summer.

It could be that there is a strong sense of us treading water or going backwards.. imo he seems to have lost exactly what he is trying to get our team to do, his transfer policy isn't clear (thinking the players who got nowhere near the title last year were good enough this year)... there is also the fact that our closest rivals have overtaken us and, imho, play luch better football then we do now.

reg
04-21-2016, 09:27 AM
We'd be in with the best shout of winning the league in aeons

No Champions League distraction, do you mean?

Dr Headgear - Wannabe viking
04-21-2016, 09:28 AM
Well, aside from the fact that the division between the fans is becoming toxic and the atmosphere at home games has taken a turn for the worse.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-21-2016, 09:28 AM
The only reason other than finishing outside the top 4 might be that he feels that it is in the best interests of the club or himself, his health etc to go now rather than next year :shrug:

Of course, he has already stated that he is staying so that would be purely hypothetical.

Pokster
04-21-2016, 09:31 AM
Well, aside from the fact that the division between the fans is becoming toxic and the atmosphere at home games has taken a turn for the worse.

So apart from all the reasons listed there isn't 1 good reason to not let him see out his contract

Piers Morgan
04-21-2016, 09:32 AM

Divide and Conquer. Tactic of the establishment elite, personified by the status-quo AW acolytes. These people are behind with the times and are scared of relinquishing power to modernity. British Empire types.

Dr Headgear - Wannabe viking
04-21-2016, 09:32 AM
I think we're in Monty Python territory here now, Pokster.

The Jorge
04-21-2016, 09:38 AM
Yeah, and the yoofs/reserves/returning injured players all getting a run out in the UEFA too.

Sweeeeeet

Monty92
04-21-2016, 09:38 AM
Serial AW masturbator. No wonder you're blind to the obvious.

If you are actually Piers Morgan, I hope your children get cancer.

If not, I apologise.

reg
04-21-2016, 09:40 AM
Yeah, and the yoofs/reserves/returning injured players all getting a run out in the UEFA too.

Sweeeeeet

You forgot FFP.

Pat Vegas
04-21-2016, 09:40 AM
This season has been an absolute ****ing disaster. The league has been piss poor our usual competitors are all below us yet Leicester or Spurs are going to win the league. To some this will be achievement but it's only because the usual suspects have had terrible seasons and are changing managers for it.

If he's only got 1 season left is he going to change anything in the summer? probably not.

TheCurly
04-21-2016, 09:42 AM

Well,the other way to look at it is that he deserves another year.For 10 years he kept us up there when he didn't have a spare talent for an old ex-leper.Give him another dig at it when he has a few quids to spend

Luis Anaconda
04-21-2016, 09:45 AM

The thing is saying things like that makes you as much of a cretin as those you claim to despise

reg
04-21-2016, 09:48 AM
Well,the other way to look at it is that he deserves another year.For 10 years he kept us up there when he didn't have a spare talent for an old ex-leper.Give him another dig at it when he has a few quids to spend

That's a good point. What if the "one more year" thing, coupled with "I respect always my contract" inevitably turns Him into something of a lame duck next season? With regards future planning, blowing the warchest on goalshy strikers and so on.

TheCurly
04-21-2016, 09:52 AM
That's a good point. What if the "one more year" thing, coupled with "I respect always my contract" inevitably turns Him into something of a lame duck next season? With regards future planning, blowing the warchest on goalshy strikers and so on.

That is a danger.It's tricky as the great man's legacy is in danger of taking a nose dive which would be a terrible shame.

Red N White Army
04-21-2016, 10:04 AM
Indeed. In some ways, maybe it would have been better if he'd quit after Hull.

Hard to find any excuses for the performance during the second half of the season though. It all makes me very sad, especially the venom with which people are objecting. No sense of proportion.

Bergkamp Was Best
04-21-2016, 10:10 AM

Oh Monty, the day AW leaves the club he'll be dragging you along the pavement by his leg. I don't know who repeats themselves more, you or Arsene?

Yesterday Once More
04-21-2016, 11:13 AM
But favoured replacements have already come and gone. There was no valid reason for allowing Klopp to slip through the net a year ago. Why compound error with error by wasting another year to indulge one man's vanity?

ghostlygunner
04-21-2016, 11:14 AM
after hull is when he should have gone , on a high , people would have largely forgotten the **** years before that and remembered him for the good times

and then he had another chance after villa, but no, greed/stubborness have proved his achilles heel sadly

it really didnt have to end this way and despite my views on him now, tonight will be a real shame for him :(

The Jorge
04-21-2016, 11:16 AM
Would it not be better to look to appoint someone next year? I mean, we could get everything in place for a managed transition, perhaps not spend so much this year to build up a war chest, and concentrate on getting the right man.

Burney
04-21-2016, 11:18 AM
Would it not be better to look to appoint someone next year? I mean, we could get everything in place for a managed transition, perhaps not spend so much this year to build up a war chest, and concentrate on getting the right man.

Even Jeremy Corbyn is now bantering us off about our injury record. :-(

The Jorge
04-21-2016, 11:20 AM
He's more of a gooner than you, b. You're only here until the cricket.

reg
04-21-2016, 11:29 AM

That would be a little too "Pellegrini out" for my taste, I think.

Fairplay to Manchester City though, they've been waiting for Pep for years and he is clearly their first and only choice. Whoever we get will naturally be just some random flavour-of-the-month, compared to Wenger. Or anyway, there will not have been that level of planning and preparation.

Can you imagine; Wenger 2-0 down to Swindon Town in the Cup and the crowd demanding the new man (Tim Sherwood) take over right now

:-(

Red N White Army
04-21-2016, 11:55 AM
after hull is when he should have gone , on a high , people would have largely forgotten the **** years before that and remembered him for the good times

and then he had another chance after villa, but no, greed/stubborness have proved his achilles heel sadly

it really didnt have to end this way and despite my views on him now, tonight will be a real shame for him :(

Do you honestly think it's greed? And not because he thought he could win the title? I really hope not...

Ash
04-21-2016, 12:01 PM
If you are actually Piers Morgan ....

I reckon he's Fast Eddie.

The Jorge
04-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I never get this ever. The man is an idealist, that's his failing, it's not greed or glory that trips him up, it's his principles and his stubborn adherence to his own idiosyncratic ideologies that let him down time after time.

I just dont get the idea it's greed, is it that people dont understand anybody having beliefs any more?

Ash
04-21-2016, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I never get this ever. The man is an idealist, that's his failing, it's not greed or glory that trips him up, it's his principles and his stubborn adherence to his own idiosyncratic ideologies that let him down time after time.

I just dont get the idea it's greed, is it that people dont understand anybody having beliefs any more?

This. As they say on the internets.

Red N White Army
04-21-2016, 12:08 PM
+1. As they also say, I gather.

reg
04-21-2016, 12:10 PM

Greed can take many different forms, imo.

The Jorge
04-21-2016, 12:40 PM
A bird in the hand is worth a doesnt in the garden

The Jorge
04-21-2016, 12:41 PM
Thanks, Ash.

I do think he's increasingly a Hai Karate man in a Lynx Africa world.

SWv2
04-21-2016, 12:52 PM
Wenger out!

Next summer.