PDA

View Full Version : Why do they make you eat from those stupid little soup bowls in Chinese restaurants?

Monty92
04-21-2016, 09:02 AM
Chinese meals typically comprise a vast number of dishes doused in different flavoured gloop or sauce. How the **** is a tiny little bowl, in which everything gets mushed together, the appropriate vehicle for that?

As for eating rice with chop sticks….seriously? It would actually be more practical to eat the stuff with your hands. It basically turns eating into a game of “Operation”. Absolute ****s to a man.

reg
04-21-2016, 09:09 AM
Chinese meals typically comprise a vast number of dishes doused in different flavoured gloop or sauce. How the **** is a tiny little bowl, in which everything gets mushed together, the appropriate vehicle for that?

As for eating rice with chop sticks….seriously? It would actually be more practical to eat the stuff with your hands. It basically turns eating into a game of “Operation”. Absolute ****s to a man.

Did each dish have a squad number, M?

The Jorge
04-21-2016, 09:09 AM

Dont they have the mahoosive spoon-cum-ladle for just this eventuality?

PS, your mum is a mahoosive spoon-cum-ladle, obviously

Burney
04-21-2016, 09:16 AM

It's so you can pick it up close to your mouth and chopstick that **** into your gob with minimum spillage.

However, you are basically correct that the chopstick is a fundamentally **** utensil with which to eat that is inferior in every way to the knife, fork and spoon combo. For the Jimmy Stinks to still be carrying on with this absurd palaver is clear evidence that they are bell ends.

Ash
04-21-2016, 11:43 AM
However, you are basically correct that the chopstick is a fundamentally **** utensil with which to eat that is inferior in every way to the knife, fork and spoon combo.

I had always presumed that they only used chopsticks originally because they hadn't invented proper utensils yet. Now they have seen them what's the excuse? and why do westerners feel obliged to use chopsticks? Presumably out of some sense of cultural sensitivity.

Mind you, we can't talk. We have a fork but are expected to use it upside-down when eating peas. That's proper mental imo.

Pat Vegas
04-21-2016, 11:45 AM
Using chopsticks takes the fun out of the meal.

I can use them but I'd rather not.
Also I do not like eating spaghetti as it's too long. end up with a fork that looks like in a ball of wool.
but it seems to be a crime to cut it up if Italians are about.

The Jorge
04-21-2016, 11:45 AM
Spoon for peas, it's the only sane way.

Or just mix em up with mash, obviously

Ash
04-21-2016, 12:09 PM
Also I do not like eating spaghetti as it's too long. end up with a fork that looks like in a ball of wool.
but it seems to be a crime to cut it up if Italians are about.

I have a problem with spaghetti for this reason. It seems to me that what's happening is the requirement of passing elaborate and unnecessary rituals rather than just practically refuelling with a minimum of fuss. In other words, food****ery.