PDA

View Full Version : Vintage year for Cancer, Victoria Wood gone

PSRB
04-20-2016, 02:18 PM
10 characters

Burney
04-20-2016, 02:29 PM
Talking of dead comics, I told my dad about my dislike for Ronnie Corbett and it turned out he'd had a run-in with the bloke 20 years earlier in which he'd threatened to throw the little Scotch **** out a moving taxi.

Clearly the menfolk in my family have a low Corbett tolerance threshold.

Sir C
04-20-2016, 02:45 PM
10 characters

She was always a bit... Brummie, wasn't she? Poor lady.

PSRB
04-20-2016, 02:48 PM

Family entertainer, who was actually funny......originally from Prestwich

Sir C
04-20-2016, 02:51 PM
Family entertainer, who was actually funny......originally from Prestwich

God alone knows where 'Prestwich' is, though. Up north, I'd guess.

Ash
04-20-2016, 02:52 PM
Talking of dead comics, I told my dad about my dislike for Ronnie Corbett and it turned out he'd had a run-in with the bloke 20 years earlier in which he'd threatened to throw the little Scotch **** out a moving taxi.

I didn't realise your auld fella was a cabbie, Burnley. You, Jorge and Ian McHarvey.

reg
04-20-2016, 02:55 PM
God alone knows where 'Prestwich' is, though. Up north, I'd guess.

It's Manchester, I think.

PSRB
04-20-2016, 02:56 PM
It's Manchester, I think.

Correct, North Manchester

Monty92
04-20-2016, 02:56 PM

There's also history with the little **** in my family. My dad used to cut his hair when he was a barber in Carnaby Street in the 60s. And I've told you about my encounter with him while interning at the Guardian...

Viva Prat Vegas
04-20-2016, 02:59 PM
Did he complain about the way you shoved the post into his cubbyhole?

Burney
04-20-2016, 03:00 PM

Well, northern, anyway. They all piss in the same tin bath.

I always found her stuff a bit bland. I'm suspicious of comedians who sing. Nothing against her, though.

Burney
04-20-2016, 03:02 PM
There's also history with the little **** in my family. My dad used to cut his hair when he was a barber in Carnaby Street in the 60s. And I've told you about my encounter with him while interning at the Guardian...

No? What did he do to you? Did he try to get you sacked? He tried to get me sacked, the little ****.

I literally want to hear any vicious slander against his name you have to offer. I figure that if I tell enough people what a **** he was, eventually everyone will see the truth about him.

Burney
04-20-2016, 03:03 PM
I didn't realise your auld fella was a cabbie, Burnley. You, Jorge and Ian McHarvey.

Must you be so insulting, a? My father was sharing the taxi with Corbett when the altercation occurred.

Monty92
04-20-2016, 03:05 PM
No? What did he do to you? Did he try to get you sacked? He tried to get me sacked, the little ****.

I literally want to hear any vicious slander against his name you have to offer. I figure that if I tell enough people what a **** he was, eventually everyone will see the truth about him.

I'm sure I posted this literally two weeks ago when he croaked.

I was asked to interview him for a feature on famous sporting events attended by celebrities. Got him on the phone, but when he realised I was only work experience, he refused to speak to me and demanded a regular staffer came on the line.

I did Gordon Burns and Nick Owen instead, and I must tell you, the banter was just lovely.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-20-2016, 03:07 PM
Would YOU lower yourself to speaking to a little **** on work experience?

Ash
04-20-2016, 03:09 PM
I was asked to interview him for a feature on famous sporting events attended by celebrities. Got him on the phone, but when he realised I was only work experience, he refused to speak to me and demanded a regular staffer came on the line.

That's fair enough, isn't it? When you get your car fixed do you want it repaired by the the experienced bloke who knows what he's doing or the spotty teenager on an experience placement?

Burney
04-20-2016, 03:12 PM
I'm sure I posted this literally two weeks ago when he croaked.

I did Gordon Burns and Nick Owen instead, and I must tell you, the banter was just lovely.

This sounds typical of the self-important little ****. My father's encounter with him was after he'd just done a corporate gig for the agency my dad worked for at the time (this was back in the 60s). They lived not far apart, so it was agreed they'd share one of the taxis that was laid on. Corbett was pissed and started complaining that my dad hadn't introduced himself and that he wanted him out of his cab at which point things became heated and my dad made it clear that, since the little ****'s legs were dangling off the edge of the seat, he was in no position to do anything about it and indeed it was probable that, if anyone were leaving the cab early, it would be Mr Corbett - via the window. Apparently Mrs Corbett calmed things by telling her husband to shut up.

Burney
04-20-2016, 03:14 PM
Would YOU lower yourself to speaking to a little **** on work experience?

The little cund Corbett didn't have very far to lower himself imo.

Besides, he was a barely adequate straight man to a vastly more talented and amusing proper comedian, he had **** all business giving himself airs.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Have you seen the size of Mrs Corbett? :yikes:
Good luck getting past her to reach the crown jewels.

Burney
04-20-2016, 03:20 PM
Have you seen the size of Mrs Corbett? :yikes:
Good luck getting past her to reach the crown jewels.

Blimey. Consider them copulating, f. :-( How would it work?

Also, look at the little ****'s shoes and socks. :furious: