PDA

View Full Version : I must say I find it rather offensive that our 'government' has not announced a

Sir C
04-20-2016, 09:08 AM
public holiday tomorrow, in celebration of Her Majesty's 90th birthday. Perhaps the final nail in the coffin for Cameron and Osborne, who continue to disappoint me every day.

I, for one, will be raising a glass in honour of Her Most Gracious Majesty. Long may she continue to reign over us!

TheCurly
04-20-2016, 09:12 AM
Perhaps we'll beat WBA 90 nil

Burney
04-20-2016, 09:17 AM
public holiday tomorrow, in celebration of Her Majesty's 90th birthday. Perhaps the final nail in the coffin for Cameron and Osborne, who continue to disappoint me every day.

I, for one, will be raising a glass in honour of Her Most Gracious Majesty. Long may she continue to reign over us!

Maybe they're hoping she'll hold out for the ton? There's a very bitter piece in The Grauniad by Joan Smith that tries to suggest her reign has been a failure and then offers exactly zero evidence for said assertion.

Obviously, I would celebrate HMTQ's birthday by having 90 leading republicans set on fire outside Buck House while the public sings 'Happy Birthday' to drown out their screams. I think that would be fitting.

Luis Anaconda
04-20-2016, 09:33 AM
Maybe they're hoping she'll hold out for the ton? There's a very bitter piece in The Grauniad by Joan Smith that tries to suggest her reign has been a failure and then offers exactly zero evidence for said assertion.

Obviously, I would celebrate HMTQ's birthday by having 90 leading republicans set on fire outside Buck House while the public sings 'Happy Birthday' to drown out their screams. I think that would be fitting.

Harsh - I imagine 90 leading republicans in the UK would include Jorge. Although possibly Gary Neville as well. There would be a nice irony in them getting executed together

Burney
04-20-2016, 09:38 AM
Harsh - I imagine 90 leading republicans in the UK would include Jorge. Although possibly Gary Neville as well. There would be a nice irony in them getting executed together

I'm sure we could find 90 more significant republicans than j. Mind you, I'm more than happy to torch Gary Neville. It's the least he deserves for what he did to Jose Antonio.

The Jorge
04-20-2016, 09:38 AM

Maybe she could celebrate it by giving away a couple of castles.

Mind you, the biggest present she could give us is Charles. Presumably she's hanging on in the prospect she'll outlive him and the throne is passed on to the prince of male pattern baldness.

One question though, which birthday is this? Is it the real one or the ceremonial one?

The Jorge
04-20-2016, 09:39 AM
Luis, vete ya!

Sir C
04-20-2016, 09:42 AM

Mind you, the biggest present she could give us is Charles. Presumably she's hanging on in the prospect she'll outlive him and the throne is passed on to the prince of male pattern baldness.

One question though, which birthday is this? Is it the real one or the ceremonial one?

Well, she only owns Balmoral and Sandringham; the other royal residences are owned by the Crown and therefore not hers to give away.

Tomorrow is her personal birthday.

It's odd, given the amount of time you spend venting your spleen about the monarchy, that you know precisely **** all about it. You're like a man standing on the street screaming, "I hate brain surgery!"

Burney
04-20-2016, 09:44 AM

What on earth would we want with a couple of castles? We'd only fill them with ghastly people with backpacks and luncheon meat sandwiches. Have you seen Versailles lately? Absolutely crawling with mouth-breathing tourists. No, that won't do at all.

The Jorge
04-20-2016, 09:55 AM
I find the general air of sycophancy a bit of a turn off tbh

The Jorge
04-20-2016, 09:56 AM
Well yes, we'd do something more with it, as opposed to a National Trust style aristocracy maintenance scheme