PDA

View Full Version : There's no 'What's New?' section on the mobile version?

Burney
04-15-2016, 02:47 PM
:-( Just as I was starting to feel slightly less hostile to it, as well

Sir C
04-15-2016, 02:52 PM
:-( Just as I was starting to feel slightly less hostile to it, as well

You're sitting on the toilet, aren't you? :(

Burney
04-15-2016, 02:54 PM
No. I've popped upstairs for a nap if you must know.

I'm fully clothed, mind.

Sir C
04-15-2016, 02:56 PM
No. I've popped upstairs for a nap if you must know.

I'm fully clothed, mind.

I shall do the first 15 minute boil of the bones and wash them and the pan before you arrive, so we can crack on with the spicing and proper boiling.

Burney
04-15-2016, 02:59 PM
I shall do the first 15 minute boil of the bones and wash them and the pan before you arrive, so we can crack on with the spicing and proper boiling.

I thought the idea of a clear broth was not to bring the stock to a boil? Are we going to clarify it with egg whites and such?

Sir C
04-15-2016, 03:01 PM
I thought the idea of a clear broth was not to bring the stock to a boil? Are we going to clarify it with egg whites and such?

The recipe begins "Put the bones and oxtail in a very large pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and then boil for about 10-15 minutes, until scum rises to the surface. Drain, discarding the water, rinse the bones and meat well, and clean the pan."

Indeed, all the pho recipes I can find are keen on the boilingism. We're making pho here, not consommé.

We can strain it through muslin.

PSRB
04-15-2016, 03:22 PM
The recipe begins "Put the bones and oxtail in a very large pan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and then boil for about 10-15 minutes, until scum rises to the surface. Drain, discarding the water, rinse the bones and meat well, and clean the pan."

Indeed, all the pho recipes I can find are keen on the boilingism. We're making pho here, not consommé.

We can strain it through muslin.

Seems a bit harsh on the Allans