PDA

View Full Version : German comedian to be prosecuted for insulting a foreign leader :yikes:

Brexit = Keine Pumpernickel
04-15-2016, 01:43 PM
If we had such a law the courts would be overflowing. In any case calling the Turkish **** a goat ****er is fair comment imo.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/angela-merkel-accepts-turkish-request-to-seek-prosecution-of-german-comedian-a6985686.html

'German comedian' seems such a misnomer like 'police intelligence'

We have ways of making you talk :shrug:

Anaconda better watch himself.

reg
04-15-2016, 01:46 PM
If we had such a law the courts would be overflowing. In any case calling the Turkish **** a goat ****er is fair comment imo.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/angela-merkel-accepts-turkish-request-to-seek-prosecution-of-german-comedian-a6985686.html

It's the law, I'm afraid.

Ash
04-15-2016, 01:48 PM
It's the law, I'm afraid.

I gather it's there to be respectful to foreign leaders after that awkward business in the last century.

Burney
04-15-2016, 01:49 PM

Yes, well, as I pointed out to one a while back, Germany prohibits a great deal of free speech. You cannot by law express certain political views over there, either. I mean, while I'm grateful that they're a bit leery of the old Nazism these days, you can't really call yourself a democracy if you prohibit certain political stances, can you?

Luis Anaconda
04-15-2016, 01:52 PM

I better not call our pig-****er pm a pig-****er then

Sir C
04-15-2016, 01:53 PM

He didn't **** it. He forcibly orally sodomised it.

Allegedly.

Burney
04-15-2016, 01:55 PM

La, you know as well as I that he did not **** that pig. At worst he merely placed his ***** in its mouth. I can't imagine the ***** was anything but flaccid and there are no reports of him moving it about - that cannot be described as ****ing. If you place your ***** in your underpants (as I hope you do since that unfortunate business outside the school), are you '****ing' your underpants? Of course not. So let's just get the nomenclature right, shall we?

Brexit = Keine Pumpernickel
04-15-2016, 01:56 PM
Have to wait till your safely tucked up in Blighty for that Louis

The Jorge
04-15-2016, 01:58 PM

David Schweinsteiger?

reg
04-15-2016, 02:02 PM
Yes, well, as I pointed out to one a while back, Germany prohibits a great deal of free speech. You cannot by law express certain political views over there, either. I mean, while I'm grateful that they're a bit leery of the old Nazism these days, you can't really call yourself a democracy if you prohibit certain political stances, can you?

John Kraut doesn't really *feel* democracy, it's true. To him, it's just some alien, foreign concept bolted onto their constitution.

Burney
04-15-2016, 02:12 PM
John Kraut doesn't really *feel* democracy, it's true. To him, it's just some alien, foreign concept bolted onto their constitution.

Yes. When you try to explain to them that democracy sort of means reflecting the will of the people, they look blankly at you and then point out what happened last time they tried that. Bless 'em.

reg
04-15-2016, 02:16 PM
Yes. When you try to explain to them that democracy sort of means reflecting the will of the people, they look blankly at you and then point out what happened last time they tried that. Bless 'em.

Right. "People who are themselves unfit to lead have no business choosing a leader", is another one you often hear.

Like the Russians, they seem terrified of the responsibility.

reg
04-15-2016, 02:20 PM
If we had such a law the courts would be overflowing.

Yeah, also, this is why their law broadly works for them; it's not really in their nature to do such things. Traditionally, each year they use "Karneval" for that and everyone's happy.