PDA

View Full Version : What about this business of Kevin Friend removed from reffing the Spurs game

Ash
04-15-2016, 01:00 PM
because of supposed sympathies for Leicester?

Supposedly "following an outcry on social media". Did anyone see this outcry? Was it Spursers, presumably?

Sir C
04-15-2016, 01:03 PM

Supposedly "following an outcry on social media". Did anyone see this outcry? Was it Spursers, presumably?

Hell of a slippery slope, that one. I don't mean he's south Asian. He might be, I have no knowledge of the fellow, but even if he is, I wouldn't necessarily apply racial epithets to him. Unless he was reffing us and doing a Mike Dean.

Hold on, I've changed my mind. Mike Dean should never have been allowed to ref that game. (Do I mean Mike Riley?)

reg
04-15-2016, 01:05 PM

They want Leicester City to win it fair and square. What about us :(

Luis Anaconda
04-15-2016, 01:05 PM

One presumes so - they were outraged apparently. Arsene wasn't very happy about it - basically called the PGMOL a bunch of ****s. wd AW

What minute will Palace get their first penalty

Luis Anaconda
04-15-2016, 01:07 PM
Hell of a slippery slope, that one. I don't mean he's south Asian. He might be, I have no knowledge of the fellow, but even if he is, I wouldn't necessarily apply racial epithets to him. Unless he was reffing us and doing a Mike Dean.

Hold on, I've changed my mind. Mike Dean should never have been allowed to ref that game. (Do I mean Mike Riley?)
No need for the "that game" for either of them though

reg
04-15-2016, 01:07 PM
One presumes so - they were outraged apparently. Arsene wasn't very happy about it - basically called the PGMOL a bunch of ****s. wd AW

What minute will Palace get their first penalty

Good point. How come there aren't any refs who support us.

Ash
04-15-2016, 01:10 PM

They all look the same to me. We haven't been reffed by Deano since the Costa moment, though he has been fourth official a couple of times.

Clearly a twitter storm is the way to go when awarded a ref you don't like. A precedent has been set.

Ash
04-15-2016, 01:10 PM
Good point. How come there aren't any refs who support us.

Even Clatenberg doesn't like us anymore :-(

Sir C
04-15-2016, 01:12 PM
They all look the same to me. We haven't been reffed by Deano since the Costa moment, though he has been fourth official a couple of times.

Clearly a twitter storm is the way to go when awarded a ref you don't like. A precedent has been set.

I was thinking of the actual, real, once-in-a-lifetime crooked referee experience. At Old Trafford :(

reg
04-15-2016, 01:18 PM
Even Clatenberg doesn't like us anymore :-(

That's because we're rubbish, I suppose. Wenger out.

Monty92
04-15-2016, 01:20 PM
What about Guitteeur.....Gurtierrre.......the Newcastle bloke winning his legal case for getting dropped after his cancer treatment? Seems an odd one. Surely the club are within their rights to drop him. They just cannot sack him.

Luis Anaconda
04-15-2016, 01:26 PM

He did the Hull home game in the cup didn't he?

reg
04-15-2016, 01:27 PM
What about Guitteeur.....Gurtierrre.......the Newcastle bloke winning his legal case for getting dropped after his cancer treatment? Seems an odd one. Surely the club are within their rights to drop him. They just cannot sack him.

Why can't they sack him? Surely he would fail a medical.

Monty92
04-15-2016, 01:31 PM
No, he was back in full working order after surgery, apart from having a ******* lopped off. So sacking him would have bee a clear case of unfair dismissal.

But how can a club be sued for dropping a player?

Burney
04-15-2016, 01:36 PM
No, he was back in full working order after surgery, apart from having a ******* lopped off. So sacking him would have bee a clear case of unfair dismissal.

Talking of which, it will be 10 years since I had mine off on April 25th.

Weird to think I've been a decade with one. I don't even remember what it was like having two.

Sir C
04-15-2016, 01:37 PM

Weird to think I've been a decade with one. I don't even remember what it was like having two.

Have you noticed much practical difference? Do you have, for example, any inclination to walk in circles?

Burney
04-15-2016, 01:40 PM
Have you noticed much practical difference? Do you have, for example, any inclination to walk in circles?

I think it's made my ***** look bigger. Is that practical?

reg
04-15-2016, 01:41 PM

Ah, I see. Yes, ridiculous. Constructive Dismissal, is it. You can certainly understand them wanting him out, I suppose. We could have tried the same thing with Dennis Bergkamp, had we wanted shot of him.

Sir C
04-15-2016, 01:41 PM
I think it's made my ***** look bigger. Is that practical?

Oh, I should say so. Congratulations, anyway.

Who would have imagined that 10 years after your event, I'd be facing a heart transplant?

reg
04-15-2016, 01:42 PM

You can have a fondle at mine, if you'd like. If it would help, I mean.

Burney
04-15-2016, 01:44 PM
Oh, I should say so. Congratulations, anyway.

Who would have imagined that 10 years after your event, I'd be facing a heart transplant?

If you could just hold off the massive clutcher until after we've gone on Sunday, I'd be awfully grateful.

Seriously, though, are you sure you're well enough to be hosting people? Should you not get a man in to look at it?

Burney
04-15-2016, 01:45 PM
You can have a fondle at mine, if you'd like. If it would help, I mean.

That's awfully kind, r, but you know how people talk. They'd be bound to get the wrong impression.

Sir C
04-15-2016, 01:46 PM
If you could just hold off the massive clutcher until after we've gone on Sunday, I'd be awfully grateful.

Seriously, though, are you sure you're well enough to be hosting people? Should you not get a man in to look at it?

Lord no, a chap doesn't quit over a minor detail like a massive coronary failure. KBO and all that. KBO!

reg
04-15-2016, 01:47 PM
That's awfully kind, r, but you know how people talk. They'd be bound to get the wrong impression.

Yes, quite.

Brexit = Keine Pumpernickel
04-15-2016, 02:09 PM

I was stunned by the way Dean dished out some harsh decisions against Spuds when battering Yanited. Has the worm turned?