PDA

View Full Version : What happened to a stiff upper lip and making the best of things?

Sir C
04-15-2016, 12:02 PM
What would you pussies have been like being blitzed every night, living on powdered egg and black market Spam, eh?

The Jorge
04-15-2016, 12:08 PM
I think LA still gets blitzed every night and lives on powdered egg

Burney
04-15-2016, 12:12 PM
Yes, but I don't think that people who were being bombed and eating SPAM were expected to say they liked it, were they? I think that they were allowed to point out that, on the whole, they'd probably rather prefer not to be being bombed and eating SPAM.

I'm simply pointing out that I don't like this format. That's fair enough, isn't it?

Sir C
04-15-2016, 12:15 PM
Yes, but I don't think that people who were being bombed and eating SPAM were expected to say they liked it, were they? I think that they were allowed to point out that, on the whole, they'd probably rather prefer not to be being bombed and eating SPAM.

I'm simply pointing out that I don't like this format. That's fair enough, isn't it?

But what of the morale of your fellow posters? Are you aware that spreading despondency in the face of the enemy is a court martial offence?

I must say, I'm impressed with your capacity to bovver about capitalising Spam.

Sir C
04-15-2016, 12:17 PM
I think LA still gets blitzed every night and lives on powdered egg

He loves that ****. He eats it from the tin with a teaspoon, reforming the egg on his tongue with his saliva.

Burney
04-15-2016, 12:18 PM
I must say, I'm impressed with your capacity to bovver about capitalising Spam.

Bitter experience. Owners of brand names can get very arsey. I once had a very difficult conversation with a man from 'Portakabin' for using their brand name generically in an article.

Sir C
04-15-2016, 12:20 PM
Bitter experience. Owners of brand names can get very arsey. I once had a very difficult conversation with a man from 'Portakabin' for using their brand name generically in an article.

I love the thought of a man at SPAM HQ trawling the Internet for improper capitalisation of the brand :clap::clap::clap:

Viva Prat Vegas
04-15-2016, 12:22 PM
As if the Spam Man could find his way through the new format

Burney
04-15-2016, 12:27 PM
I love the thought of a man at SPAM HQ trawling the Internet for improper capitalisation of the brand :clap::clap::clap:

They must fall foul of pretty much everyone's spam filters, mustn't they? Doing their online marketing must be a ****ing nightmare. :hehe:

The Jorge
04-15-2016, 12:39 PM
They must fall foul of pretty much everyone's spam filters, mustn't they? Doing their online marketing must be a ****ing nightmare. :hehe:

:clap:

*bump*

Luis Anaconda
04-15-2016, 12:53 PM

Yep - they win the award for the most arsey ones - but Jacuzzi are also quite bad. And god forbid you use Technicolour to mean multi-coloured