PDA

View Full Version : I''m sure I'll get used to it, but I think it's a real shame to lose the Tree View.

Monty92
04-15-2016, 11:29 AM
I can see the benefits, but without seeing a full thread at quick glance, it is hard to decide whether to contribute to it. With tree view, you can scroll the jist of entire conversations without clicking into anything. The new layout kind of inhibits that freedom and therefore inhibits the inclination to post at all.

Burney
04-15-2016, 11:36 AM
Indeed. See above. I fear this will kill me as a poster. It's boring. :-(

Monty92
04-15-2016, 11:47 AM
Why would they do something that, by its nature, inhibits posting? Did they just not realise tree view was integral to the experience?

Pat Vegas
04-15-2016, 11:49 AM
I agree. I usually have awimb in a small window so I can have a quick look at.
Now I have to go into threads. and if I do the hyrid view I don't see all the posts. Or if you go the flat view way you need to click on 2nd pages and **** like that.

Too much effort.

Burney
04-15-2016, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't dream of judging, so entire is my ignorance of the technicalities. It was clear the old board was creaking badly, but I do agree that if at all possible, retaining tree view would have been absolutely at the top of my list of must-have criteria.

It's a shame. I'm rather sad. :-(

Monty92
04-15-2016, 12:04 PM
It's not been a good few days for your online personas, has it :-(

Maybe Jorge can help reinvent you.

Burney
04-15-2016, 12:08 PM
No. I am feeling rather persecuted. Not least because Jessica Valenti keeps turning up in The Guardian with whiny articles about how she's targeted because she's a woman and feminist, when in fact she's targeted because she's a thick ****er who writes unbelievably stupid things. Not being able to point this out is getting on my tits.

The Jorge
04-15-2016, 12:11 PM
Have you considered Twitter?

Burney
04-15-2016, 12:14 PM
No. I think that would be stalking, really.

The Jorge
04-15-2016, 12:19 PM
Boo, give it the full gun

Burney
04-15-2016, 12:24 PM
No, she'd only go off complaining about rape threats, which does seem to be the go-to move for female commentators/journalists when trying to avoid the question about whether some of the criticisms they face are legitimate. All it takes is one moron to threaten to rape them and everyone else who's pointed out basic logical or factual flaws in their argument gets lumped in with them.

For the record, I wouldn't rape Jessica Valenti with yours.

Sir C
04-15-2016, 12:26 PM
No, she'd only go off complaining about rape threats, which does seem to be the go-to move for female commentators/journalists when trying to avoid the question about whether some of the criticisms they face are legitimate. All it takes is one moron to threaten to rape them and everyone else who's pointed out basic logical or factual flaws in their argument gets lumped in with them.

For the record, I wouldn't rape Jessica Valenti with yours.

As you know, in matters political we are generally in broad agreement, but your patriarchal refusal to countenance raping Jessica Valenti is simply othering her in the most reactionary manner. You should be ashamed.

The Jorge
04-15-2016, 12:33 PM
As you know, in matters political we are generally in broad agreement, but your patriarchal refusal to countenance raping Jessica Valenti is simply othering her in the most reactionary manner. You should be ashamed.

Personally I'm feeling othered by the heartless rejection of my, quite wonderfully reviewed, membrum virile.

Seriously, check out the ratings. 5/5 for girth 4.8/5 for length. It's literally gold plated.

eastgermanautos
04-15-2016, 01:39 PM
Few quids to whoever designs these things? It's now so...pokey. We do not have the vistas of awimb.

UOTE=Monty92;4105181]I can see the benefits, but without seeing a full thread at quick glance, it is hard to decide whether to contribute to it. With tree view, you can scroll the jist of entire conversations without clicking into anything. The new layout kind of inhibits that freedom and therefore inhibits the inclination to post at all.[/QUOTE]

eastgermanautos
04-15-2016, 01:42 PM
So thats it then? There is no way we can all throw in a few quids and pay for tree view? This is all so...pokey. I miss the vistas of awimb.