PDA

View Full Version : Quite a reaction to Liverpool winning 4-3 at home.

Sir C
04-15-2016, 08:42 AM
Was it the world cup final?

PSRB
04-15-2016, 09:17 AM
Was it the world cup final?

No, it was one of those "Great European nights at Anfield"........in the Europa League

Yesterday Once More
04-15-2016, 10:51 AM
No, it was one of those "Great European nights at Anfield"........in the Europa League

So you would rather limp in 3rd or 4th every year and get shown up as second-raters in the so-called "Champions' League" every year? They have had the sense to move for Klopp, and they are already reaping the benefits while Arsenal continue to indulge Wenger's ego and allow him to coast along on his contract and decide whether he fancies bumbling along even longer.

The Jorge
04-15-2016, 11:00 AM
And for us, too, it would seem.

You do realise Klopp's results are not only worse than Brenton's yes? Or, for that matter, worse than Wenger's by some distance?

Ash
04-15-2016, 11:00 AM
So you would rather limp in 3rd or 4th every year and get shown up as second-raters in the so-called "Champions' League" every year? They have had the sense to move for Klopp, and they are already reaping the benefits while Arsenal continue to indulge Wenger's ego and allow him to coast along on his contract and decide whether he fancies bumbling along even longer.

They haven't reaped any benefits, yet. They're having what's known as a cup run. When they win it we can discuss their sucess.

The Jorge
04-15-2016, 11:02 AM
Seriously though, the people who use "so-called" are the same people who appreciate "sending out a strong message".

Mind you, you cant fault their passion and their pride-in-the-shirt, I suppose.

Ash
04-15-2016, 12:26 PM
Seriously though, the people who use "so-called" are the same people who appreciate "sending out a strong message".

I'll never forget an LBC phone-in during the miners' strike where the caller started with "About this so-called Arthur Scargill..." "No, sorry" replied Brian Hayes, "there's nothing so-called about it. It really is his name"

The Jorge
04-15-2016, 12:39 PM
I'll never forget an LBC phone-in during the miners' strike where the caller started with "About this so-called Arthur Scargill..." "No, sorry" replied Brian Hayes, "there's nothing so-called about it. It really is his name"

Yeah, these so called humans always seem to get it wrong as well

Viva Prat Vegas
04-15-2016, 12:41 PM
Brian Hayes sent out a strong message there

SWv2
04-15-2016, 12:44 PM

Now now, we both know his use of the so-called was specific to the one word Champions in the rather stupidly titled Champions League, it of course not being a league of champions but a league of champions and others especially those in the back scratching so called major leagues in Europe.

Mind you I cannot think of a better and essentially pithy name for the competition.

The Jorge
04-15-2016, 12:45 PM
Now now, we both know his use of the so-called was specific to the one word Champions in the rather stupidly titled Champions League, it of course not being a league of champions but a league of champions and others especially those in the back scratching so called major leagues in Europe.

Mind you I cannot think of a better and essentially pithy name for the competition.

European Cup?