PDA

View Full Version : Jorge! - what about that Chrome extension I told you to build? Stop

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
04-14-2016, 04:03 PM
shilly-shallying on here man and crack on with it.

The vBulletin forum mentions accessing the API to put whatever front end you want on this thing. I'm assuming you can knock up some AJAX can't you? - Look sharp!

Dr Headgear - Wannabe viking
04-14-2016, 04:18 PM
I'm sure Jorge could knock up an AJAX based front end.
Of course, he's a football hipster so he'd pronounce it I-axe, and he'd prefer to use a stack with DuklaPrague.js in it.

Ears are alight
04-14-2016, 04:22 PM
rm -rf
Just checking...

Ears are alight
Nope, still here.

Jake
Is this true? Can anyone fiddle about and make it right and proper again?

04-14-2016, 04:25 PM
:hehe:

"A single line of code"

Yes, and an unbelievably stupid architecture.

04-14-2016, 04:26 PM
No.

You can build a whole front end for it though, if the api is exposed.

Jake
04-14-2016, 04:28 PM
in comic sans terms plz

04-14-2016, 04:31 PM
No, you can't.

The Jorge
04-14-2016, 10:07 PM
I've got thought to lead here, I've got to point out how things should be more like Uber at random intervals. Clever glasses dont buy themselves you know?! Can we get together to write some stuff on a flip chart whilst everyone tries to remember how to sit on beanbags first?

I have chaps with poor social skills, questionable body odour and colourful browsing histories to actually build stuff. They are currently busy paying for a new wing on the Jag.

Anyway, we dont do Chrome extensions.

04-14-2016, 10:12 PM
**** a chrome extension. I want a fully fledged app. Android.

You're the **** with the vision and a glossy PDF I was moaning about to Herbs, aren't you?

The Jorge
04-14-2016, 10:19 PM
I used an Android tablet once, we got her an iPad in the end as she was well within her rights to phone Esther.

Seriously though, I build stuff on plenty of shoddy third party GPL stuff and it's no fun for anyone, it's certainly not a weekend job or anything.

This place is actually OK and with some usability tweaks it could be ace. It doesnt need every functionality ever invented present all the time though.

04-14-2016, 10:58 PM
Tablet schmablet. I've given up using the iPad, it does bugger all for me I can't do on my phone.

I'm just a bit hacked off the design isn't responsive.

I have thread view in my user settings, but that ****s up the mobile view. Have to switch to linear view for mobile, but if you're on mobile you can't get to your settings, unless you switch to "full site" and **** around with zooming in and out to hit a tap target.

Could easily scrap a load of functionality like groups, blogs etc and get a core product out that would fit any platform.

Ash
04-14-2016, 11:19 PM
I have chaps ... to actually build stuff. They are currently busy paying for a new wing on the Jag.

http://www.herinst.org/BusinessManagedDemocracy/culture/businessvalues/images/capitalist.jpg

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
04-15-2016, 08:28 AM
Anyway, we dont do Chrome extensions.

A long winded way of saying you can't do Chrome extensions. Looks like I'll have to build the **** myself then