PDA

View Full Version : So the Russians decided to buzz a US aircraft carrier? This seems a rash move, tbh.

Burney
04-14-2016, 08:15 AM
Still I'm sure it's all everyone but Russia's fault according to our resident Kremlin stooges snin and Ash. :rolleyes:

PSRB
04-14-2016, 08:23 AM
:thumbup: although unlike the Mericans to keep their itchy trigger finger still

reg
04-14-2016, 08:26 AM
Either that or Aegis has stopped working :rubchin:

Burney
04-14-2016, 08:30 AM
shouldn't he? Don't tell me Hollywood has lied to me, reg. Or any of the other call signs for that matter.

Sir C
04-14-2016, 08:32 AM
It was a Su-24 apparently. I expect they were hoping the Septics would shoot it down to save them the cost of scrapping the poor old thing.

The Jorge
04-14-2016, 08:35 AM
I'm shocked

PSRB
04-14-2016, 08:42 AM
I'm sure they'll get their opportunity in the South China seas, all going to kick off there

reg
04-14-2016, 08:44 AM
A decoy, stalking horse to test out Star Wars, imo. Or whatever they're calling it nowadays. Missile Defence.

Burney
04-14-2016, 08:47 AM
Oh, cos you're just a communist, j, whereas Ash is a slavophile and snin is just a crypto-fascist lunatic in anti-western clothing, adoring anyone he perceives to be an authoritarian 'strongman'.

reg
04-14-2016, 08:55 AM
Tom Cruise is Finnish, imo.

Snin
04-14-2016, 09:07 AM
if i could get tree view to work and not have that huge ad i might even raise to your little wiggly worm of bait you dangling in my mouth like you tea bag your missus..but I cant be arsed...at least there fighters actually work though, were within budget and can fly in the rain and the pilots dont pass out n stuff.. :-)

reg
04-14-2016, 09:28 AM
No, their hardware is rubbish, S. Every time we go up against them or their proxies, we either whip them or they run away before we can whip them.

Burney
04-14-2016, 09:33 AM
Possibly something to do with fact that they have a smaller annual defence budget than the UK?

The Jorge
04-14-2016, 09:37 AM
Which is why the US is so keen for us to pay them most of it for missiles they'll never let us use

Burney
04-14-2016, 09:55 AM
:sigh: How many times, j? Our nuclear deterrent is operationally independent. The US cannot physically stop us using it others than in the same way it can stop anyone using their nuclear arsenal - ie by threatening to destroy us if we do.

We are a much wealthier country than Russia. It therefore stands to reason on one level that our military spending is greater than theirs. Internationally, Russia has 'small man syndrome'.

The Jorge
04-14-2016, 09:59 AM
It's basically a Fisher Price 'My First Dr Strangelove Playset'. We'd be better off investing £100bn in an actual white elephant.

And seriously, you're saying Russia has small man syndrome? What is it about nationalists and an almost blanket loss of self-awareness?

Burney
04-14-2016, 10:11 AM
Well your first point is simply uninformed *******s, I'm afraid. Please explain how the US can magically stop a sub captain cut off from communications from firing missiles that have their own, internal, non-satellite dependent guidance system? You can't, because you're simply trotting out the usual lefty *******s about us not being able to use our own missiles. It's a lie, plain and simple.

As to your second point, it's clear to anyone with half a brain that Russia has a massive inferiority complex based on its historical, political, technical and cultural backwardness. This manifests itself in periods of belligerence, usually followed by military/political defeat and humiliation - thus starting the cycle up again. Russia is huge, but punches hugely below its weight historically. We're pretty much the opposite.

The Jorge
04-14-2016, 10:16 AM
We're the acme of the small man, and a small man who used to own a nice house but now lives in a bedsit syndrome at that

PSRB
04-14-2016, 10:35 AM
We're the acme of the small man, and a small man who used to own a nice house but now lives in a bedsit syndrome at that

5th biggest economy in the World......we still have a very nice house