PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jorge – so tell us again how there's "no division" because some of your best mates are muslim

Monty91
04-07-2016, 08:36 AM
A few choice passages from an article in the Daily Beast (including references to YouGov and BBC polls on Muslim attitudes in Britain at the bottom)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/06/another-dea d-blasphemer-in-scotland.html (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/06/another-dead-blasphemer-in-scotland.html)

Few in wider society are prepared to acknowledge just how deep Sunni prejudice against alleged blasphemers can run. This thirst for an inquisition is not found only among extremist groups, nor limited to these key figures in the U.K.’s largest mosques. It is also present to worrying levels in the wider community.

Recently, Luton on Sunday, a local newspaper, carried a double-spread advertisement celebrating 125 years since the Ahmadiyya movement was founded. That paid advert prompted such a level of complaints from the wider Sunni Muslim community in Luton that it led to this groveling response by the newspaper:

“Last week the Luton on Sunday carried an advertisement from the Ahmediyyah…We would like to make it clear that we completely disassociate ourselves from the content of the advertisement… On Friday we met with representatives from the Muslim community to discuss the advertisement which we had accepted in good faith but now understand has caused offence to members of the Muslim Community in Luton.”
Included is a quotation from one of the “community leaders” the newspaper met with which thanks them for their sensitivity over a matter relating to the “fundamental beliefs of all Muslims.”

But as with all things, the mosque imams and “community leaders” find succor in the stance taken by those in authority among them. Look no further than the Pakistani High Commission in London to behold the truly institutionalized nature of this “Blasphemy Inquisition.”

Any British dual-national seeking to apply for a passport, or even an identity card, to travel to Pakistan visa-free is asked to partake in the persecution. Upon applying for our papers we are expected to sign a declaration (PDF) attesting— among other religious interferences by the state—that “I consider Mirza Ghulam Ahmed Quadiani to be an imposter nabi (prophet) and also consider his followers whether of the Lahori or Qadiani group to be non-Muslim.” Hundreds of thousands of British-Pakistani Muslims have had little choice but to participate in this ritual that normalizes the Blasphemy Inquisition, in order to gain their identity cards

“Over the years, in survey after survey, British Muslim attitudes have reflected dangerously high levels of support for enforcing “blasphemy” taboos. A 2007 poll found that 36 percent of young British Muslims thought that apostates should be killed. A 2008 YouGov poll found that a third of Muslim students claimed that killing for religion can be justified, while 33 percent expressed a desire to see the return of a worldwide theocratic Caliphate. A ComRes poll commissioned by the BBC in 2015 found that a quarter of British Muslims sympathized with the Charlie Hebdo “blasphemy” attacks.”

Luis Anaconda
04-07-2016, 08:36 AM

Snin
04-07-2016, 08:40 AM
you just f**k off you tedious boring cnut ?

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
04-07-2016, 08:40 AM
I don't associate you with generosity. Enough said.

Monty has always been tedious, on every subject and matter.

Snin
04-07-2016, 08:46 AM
a jewish owned & created american anti muslim rag imo wd monty the journo

Luis Anaconda
04-07-2016, 08:48 AM
Hardly deserved in this case. I just hope Jorge doesn't rise to the bait, but he inevitably will

04-07-2016, 08:51 AM
The combination of tedious Hebrew and argumentative English Irishman is a rum mix.

How is the German media reacting to results this week, is Pep finally going to deliver what presumably his job spec was when he arrived, and then leave?

redgunamo
04-07-2016, 08:54 AM

Classic Jorge
04-07-2016, 08:57 AM
I'm sure that would make me many more friends.

Do your goyim friends regularly grill you about Israeli atrocities? Presumably you accept resposibility for this and accept that you have been remiss in allowing the situation to happen.

Luis Anaconda
04-07-2016, 08:57 AM
They were pretty unimpressive the other night but if they get some defenders back they might actually stand a chance. Otherwise Pep will not be remembered fondly here. No one really cares about Wolfsburg, though, and Kloppo is back in town

Luis Anaconda
04-07-2016, 08:58 AM

04-07-2016, 09:03 AM
In this respect I see Bayern going through. I also suspect Barcelona are on their way out.

I will look forward to Guardiola in the PL though I suspect he has a much more difficult job than some may assume.

Monty91
04-07-2016, 09:05 AM
And if a quarter of British muslims sympathized with the Charlie Hebdo “blasphemy” attacks, this is part of the problem.

And if you can't acknowledge that, you are part of the problem.

Classic Jorge
04-07-2016, 09:06 AM

redgunamo
04-07-2016, 09:09 AM
Isn't the whole point of the "some of my best friends are.." gambit, that their views add weight to your own insight.

How can that be if you don't, or are reluctant to, talk to them about it? You may just as well have pulled your own insight out of your own arse.

Classic Jorge
Also, it was blasphemy, the scare quotes arent required here.

Your silence on behalf of the jewish state's actions speaks volumes by the way.

Be the bigger and better man here.

eastgermanautos
04-07-2016, 09:13 AM
over there in the uk. okay, the usa is an insanely violent land. but it's more of a question of hand-to-hand combat, day or night. over there in the uk you do have all kinds of radical fringes kicking around. you feel it in the streets. personally I would round up all the pig-fvckers and send them to patagonia. but that's just me. :titsup:

Monty91
04-07-2016, 09:13 AM

Classic Jorge
04-07-2016, 09:14 AM
Also, my best friends are a proddy Ulsterman, a Yorkshire Man U fan and a cricket loving anarchist so I think it's pretty clear I dont live in an echo chamber politically speaking.

The last conversation I had with a Muslim about current affairs was after the Brussels attacks, he thought that these people were "nutters" and "not muslims".

Classic Jorge
04-07-2016, 09:15 AM

Classic Jorge
04-07-2016, 09:15 AM

Monty91
04-07-2016, 09:16 AM
I'm not sure why, given that I keep making this clear, that you keep saying it.

Monty91
04-07-2016, 09:17 AM
Again, I trust you realise how this looks to any objective observer. You’re not an idiot.

eastgermanautos
04-07-2016, 09:21 AM

Luis Anaconda
04-07-2016, 09:29 AM
Not sure about Barca - you would still expect them to score so negate the away goal. I suspect they will have enough. Atletico are light up front as well

redgunamo
04-07-2016, 09:30 AM
they tell you what they believe you would like to hear. In my opinion. Otherwise, why be friends.

redgunamo
04-07-2016, 09:32 AM

Classic Jorge
04-07-2016, 09:34 AM
I dont know how you imagine these people living, or what you think that their religion demands they do, but I've faced no discrimination or division from them, they dont seem to support these actions because they are human beings.

What do you want me to say? It doesnt feel to me like there's a problem and I'm not sure if I should grill each and every muslim I see to see whether there is.

It's roughly about as futile as me asking you to explain the slow genocide of the palestinians. For the record I dont think you're in any way responsibe for that, just to be clear.

eastgermanautos
04-07-2016, 09:34 AM

Classic Jorge
04-07-2016, 09:35 AM
Because that would be stupid and pointless.

Monty91
04-07-2016, 09:43 AM
You don't feel that so many people in Britain actively supporting, or at least acquiescing, to attitudes that underpin terrorist atrocities is a problem?

Classic Jorge
04-07-2016, 09:50 AM
What can I do apart from take people as I find?

Should I believe these polls or should I believe what my every day experience tells me?

Monty91
04-07-2016, 09:54 AM
therefore there is not a problem"

You know full well how intellectually unsatisfactory that is.

Also, yesterday it was, "those polls are a joke, they were done by The Sun". Now it's "these polls may be credible, but they don't reflect my own experience." :rolleyes:

redgunamo
04-07-2016, 09:57 AM
I've mentioned before, I think you're too trusting. Maybe even wilfully so.

Classic Jorge
04-07-2016, 09:59 AM
What do you want me to say here? I literally dont get your argument, if that's intellectually unsatisfactory for you then so be it.

People are allowed to believe what they believe, I'm sure my orangeman friend has a different view on terror from the one I have, does that cause a problem? No.

Luis Anaconda
04-07-2016, 10:07 AM
and shifting your goalposts but you seem to revel in that.

Classic Jorge
04-07-2016, 10:11 AM
"Look, I want to know what you're doing in response to your people's continued aggression!"

"Listen mate, just give me 64p for the milk, you can have the Daily Express for free. Also, I'm Hindu"

Monty91
04-07-2016, 10:12 AM
beliefs no longer causes a problem.

The beliefs of yer every day Allan are the same beliefs that underpin the motives and justification behind the vast numbers of people in the UK, Europe and beyond who are trying to kill us.

Classic Jorge
04-07-2016, 10:19 AM
Do you want to tell them or shall I? Can I just check something, are the Brits clearing out or are you expelling the catholics?

As for your other point, and I do feel that this is crucial, many, many more muslims have died at the hands of ISIS than westerners. Do you think that, were I to ask a question like this, that it might seem a little crass? Possibly even a little western-centric?

redgunamo
04-07-2016, 10:25 AM
amicably resolved at last. That was always the major diplomatic stress point, even way back when I had to put in my shift there.

Monty91
04-07-2016, 10:28 AM
catholic/protestant sectarianism” doesn’t wash. That is a self-contained problem and one that no longer threatens you and I in any meaningful way.

In contrast, we are in a situation where, if we turned on the news now and ten thousand Londoners had been killed in a chemical or dirty bomb attack, neither of us would be in the remotest bit surprised. In fact, the only thing that would surprise us to the point of it being inconceivable, is if the perpetrators of said attack turned out to not be Jihadists.

See the difference?

Classic Jorge
04-07-2016, 10:36 AM
Listen mate, you stick to your bogeymen. Continue to be outraged when the problem effects westerners, and only then. Continue to blame 1.6bn people for the actions of a few thousand.

I'm done here, this is boring me and everyone else.

Salaam

Monty91
04-07-2016, 10:42 AM
like the same urgency to be tackled as that of Islamic extremism. Because there’s no-one involved in the sectarian rivalry between catholics and protestants actively plotting to kill as many of the other side (i.e. anyone not of their very specific sect) as possible.

That really is a crucial difference.

Berni
04-07-2016, 11:23 AM
protestants has been the real issue in Northern Ireland. The issues have long been political in terms of different desired outcomes in terms of the future of the country. So raising that as a comparable instance of religious sectarianism is a bit of a red herring, really.