PDA

View Full Version : It is funny to see the stick that Monty and modd get on here for even veaguely positive posts

Classic Jorge
04-03-2016, 10:07 PM
I can only assume it's the old playground superstition of jinxing things that's the main driver here.

That said, some of the reactions are quite strangely vitriolic. I'm guesing that's partially down to the now fully in Defcon One mode wengraaahts. Not to mention the sizeable constituencies who hate the both of them with a passion.

We should really be sticking together at this crucial time, you know. A little more love and tolerance, people. That's what we need.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-03-2016, 10:55 PM
optimistic when the water's over your neck, and constantly make predictions then ignore those predictions were wrong and make new ones just like that.

Optimistic yes, blindly so no. There are no grounds for even vague optimism in terms of us winning the league. We now need a miracle.

Ashberto
04-03-2016, 11:02 PM
What about those juniper bushes over there?

Classic Jorge
04-03-2016, 11:04 PM
It does seem to miss the essential, the core nature of the football fan though. Of course he's moving the goalposts, the goalposts are moving. But if the dream isnt dead, and dreams are never really dead until it's mathematically impossible, then your common-or-garden football fan is going to dream.

Mo Britain less Europe
04-03-2016, 11:08 PM
realities, and it's lying to yourself to, for example, say Sunderland is a tough game for Leicester but an easy one for us. You just set yourself up for a bigger disappointment and no-one will believe in your judgement anymore.

Of course we need to win our six games but I doubt it'll happen (tho' if we win at the Hammers I might start believing in it) but the frustrating thing is they've left it so late even that may not be enough.

Leicester may drop points at Manu and Chelsea but probably not man more than that.

modd
04-04-2016, 01:03 AM
then judge it after that. whatever you think of me or each other the goal is for arsenal to be succesful. so while their six weeks to go lets keep giving the lads our support.

modd
04-04-2016, 01:05 AM
mo i understand where you coming from. we got a lot to do. but fact is leicester still got play west ham, united, chelsea, everton. plus sunderland away

for me still many hurdles for me for them and if we get to 79 points they do well to beat that.

Alexism - Atheoist
04-04-2016, 04:56 AM
As we say in Texas, Fk all y'all

Yeehaw Muthafkers.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
04-04-2016, 06:49 AM

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
04-04-2016, 07:53 AM

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
04-04-2016, 08:17 AM

04-04-2016, 08:19 AM
Monty just positions everything he does to try and come across as being different, a deep thinker with a knowledge of the game which most others can only dream of.

Which itself if laughable.

7evens
04-04-2016, 08:25 AM
during an FA Cup run would still be the case for the actual final.

Luis Anaconda
04-04-2016, 08:29 AM
it was clearly the case for the past two years with Fabianski and Szczesny. Ospina being "dropped" was purely your imaginination

04-04-2016, 08:34 AM
While we win all our games.

I believe the exact football parlance is “a big ask”??

7evens
04-04-2016, 08:38 AM
You play your best 11 in ANY final.
To not do so shows huge disrespect to the fans and opposition alike.
Ospina was not in the best of form in the run up to that game, which is why Wenger wouldn't risk him with so much at stake.

Ashberto
04-04-2016, 08:42 AM
Call him OCD in his policy if you like, but you seem to be the only person in the world not to have understood his concept of a cup keeper. I'm sure other clubs do this too.

Pokster
04-04-2016, 08:52 AM

Ashberto
04-04-2016, 08:55 AM

Luis Anaconda
04-04-2016, 08:55 AM
and exactly how Ospina was in a poor run of form given that we conceded very few goals in the last few league games leading up to the final? You're talking ****e, sir. The playing of the second choice keeper in the final is a very common thing - a couple of high-profile examples for you

Last season Marc-Andre Ter Stegen started 4 games for Barcelona in the league including the final. Claudio Bravo started 27 in the league but was on the bench for the final. Reckon Enrique just lost faith with Bravo before the final?

In 2014, Iker Casillas started all games in Europe but only 2 in the league - do you think Ancellotti selected his first choice keeper for the final or his reserve goalkeeper for 36 league games?

Luis Anaconda
04-04-2016, 08:58 AM

Luis Anaconda
04-04-2016, 09:22 AM
I mean this line is frighteningly *******s
"Ospina was not in the best of form in the run up to that game, which is why Wenger wouldn't risk him with so much at stake."

er - so he picks a goalkeeper he dropped for poor form instead :-(

Luis Anaconda
04-04-2016, 03:10 PM