PDA

View Full Version : redgunamo - my reply below

Monty91
03-10-2016, 08:27 PM
http://www.awimb.com/fudforum/index.php?t=tree&goto=4095 680&rid=5863&S=803a00efcf6ed9185a1382cba243f8da (http://www.awimb.com/fudforum/index.php?t=tree&goto=4095680&rid=5863&S=803a00efcf6ed9185a1382cba243f8da)

redgunamo
03-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Loyalty for loyalty's sake is surely just as bad, isn't it, so we can discount that enormous fib from the off. Or would you be equally loyal to a scumsack like Mourinho if appointing him promised us a few European Cups? You say, no, but I say, you will have no choice; we support The Arsenal! Otherwise you risk merely swapping places, not to mention banners and slogans, with those supporters whose lack of respect, loyalty etc. to AW you so despise right now.

This so-called loyalty of yours is based on past glories and present prospects, as you judge them; pragmatism, as you called it. You can't have it both ways.

Fairness? Pschaw! We're hardly handing Him His papers six months after winning us a Champions League and Premier League double, are we.

The "ABW" approach makes sense footballistically, if only because that is the way football clubs roll. Some mightier ones than ours included. And even including ours, when it suits us. It makes no difference either way who the manager is; we're Arsenal supporters in any case. Wenger Himself knows that perfectly well and, I'm sure, accepts it as an occupational hazard, just like professional criminals spending time in jail.

Perhaps we'll never agree on this but we can try to understand different points of view. I believe the bitterness stems from the fact of people's refusal to engage on the topic of His shortcomings and His eventual moving on. Or up.

I don't think it's so much that people *want* Him gone, more that people believe that ordinarily, in the natural scheme of things, He ought to be gone already, long before this time. And with no stain on His character or record and handshakes and tears of gratitude all round. Perhaps even to return leading a different club to the Emirates, receiving an Eduardo-style ovation. That would be the normal, honest thing.

Added to His age, there's now a real sense of a man merely hanging on 'til the bitter end, chasing down some distant horizon which will eventually turn out to be mere oblivion. Like those desperate chaps in Michael Mann films. And I don't think anybody wants that or thinks He or we deserve that.

In fact, the best, most compassionate grounds for keeping Him on is His rather pathetic claim that He has literally no life outside this job. "No racehorses" as He put it http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/ohwell.gif

Monty91
03-10-2016, 10:11 PM
I'm away for the weekend now, but will respond next week.

redgunamo
03-10-2016, 10:17 PM

Snin
03-10-2016, 10:37 PM
Has brought out your true sanctimonious pseud self imo I miss the she was asking for it month P's will having a daughter cause a slight rethink of she asking for it ? Congrats by the way

Snin
03-10-2016, 10:41 PM
Tho the blurred vision don't help...but seriously I can see where your boy got a bit of your rogue gay gene

Snin
03-10-2016, 10:42 PM

redgunamo
03-10-2016, 11:02 PM