PDA

View Full Version : In all seriousness....where do we go now? The Wenger philosophy has left us at a plateau that we

dismalswamp
03-02-2016, 11:06 PM
will never climb.
Don't get me wrong, we are almost good enough but that is all we will ever be.
I cannot see this changing at all, not ever. This season should have been ours for the taking - over the last couple of months we have had opportunities to pull clear and not taken any of them. Flashes of brilliance, almost a complete team on occasion but we fall short because it's not quite there and never will be.

Mo Britain less Europe
03-02-2016, 11:08 PM
if there is no change or investment we may slip further into mid-table.

Gooner Canuck
03-02-2016, 11:10 PM
We have been good but not great for over a decade now. It seems clear under AW we can probably continue in this vein indefinitely but not advance.

Technically the title is still within the reach and we can't keep playing this badly but it's hard to have much confidence the manager and the players can get it done.

Bergkamp's Brain
03-02-2016, 11:17 PM

Mo Britain less Europe
03-02-2016, 11:23 PM

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
03-02-2016, 11:24 PM
They could have played exactly the same as they did last year and they would have walked the league this season. We're the only team that has beaten Leicester home and away, but it's the fact that we coast when we go one nil up and think that to win the game we just have to keep the ball. No one moves it with any purpose or conviction, no one runs off the ball to create chances,

Bergkamp's Brain
03-02-2016, 11:29 PM
Not since Man City back in December. That was the last time we played well.

Mo Britain less Europe
03-02-2016, 11:30 PM

LadyG -keeping the spirit of the unbeatables alive
03-02-2016, 11:34 PM
the problem is that the players stop doing what they do well, stop playing as a unit, give up their advantage. Is that the manager or the players? It takes 1 player to slow things down and the others fall into suit. Usually the slow down starts with Ramsey, mertesacker, even Carzola slows the game down. Usually cos they can't think who to pass to.

Bergkamp's Brain
03-02-2016, 11:51 PM
We didn't use the ball well at all for the whole game. You said flashes of brilliance. I may be knit picking but I've seen very little for a while.

That being said, I would settle for attritional and winning 1-0 every week.