PDA

View Full Version : Probably a question for Jorge - him beiing techy and one of those Apple brand

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
02-03-2016, 09:23 PM
mugs.

So I'm streaming the match yesterday and the feckin thing's rubbish, buffering, pixelating and continually dropping out. I'm ranting at my teenage daughter like a loony, blaming her Snapchat antics. So she brought her iphone down and we did a test to see if turning her phone off helped. Didn't make any difference so I said sorry, off you go.

Wife can hear me railing and cursing so she comes in and we have this conversation :-

WIFE: Why not try my iPad - always faster on youtube etc?

ME: No use love, it's all the same broadband via teh same router

WIFE: Well just give it a try - I'm sure I've noticed an imporovement since i got my iPad

ME: Look darlin, I work it IT - I've got a feckin degree in Comp Sci - I'm a hardcore C++ programmer - I'm telling you it WONT'HELP!

WIFE: Tel me where this stream of yours is and let me try then : I give her the URL :

2 minutes later she hands me her iPad; excellent picture, no buffering, good clarity, good sound. How the f**k is that? As I said, it s using the same broadband so how does this iPad do it. I have had my nose put out of joint as well as having to possibly re-evaluate my cynicism about Apple products :-(

bostonbrian
02-03-2016, 09:28 PM
She'll have you running around doing all sorts of household chores now...

02-03-2016, 09:37 PM

pjlincs
02-03-2016, 09:39 PM
could be channel speed amongst several other hardware / firmware factors.

02-03-2016, 09:42 PM
had the best shout being on hard cable. Do you suspect the Apple devices managing to prioritize their channels somehow?

Bergkamp's Brain
02-03-2016, 09:48 PM

02-03-2016, 09:50 PM

Bergkamp's Brain
02-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Just remember that your browser may have been using a ****ty Flash plugin while I think ios does not support Flash

Your wife got lucky bty. She didn't beat you by design.

pjlincs
02-03-2016, 10:02 PM

Classic Jorge
02-03-2016, 10:37 PM
iOs is also a pretty decent, streamlined little operating system, combine that with decent graphics capability and a 2048x1536 retina display and it's not a half bad little set up.

That whole tactile feeling, the responsiveness, the gesture control, all of that is down to some pretty decent hardware combined with a nice, user focussed interface.

Essentially what you've just done there is realised why apple is superior. My smugness doesnt come from telling you this would happen, it comes because I'm typing this on my MacBook.

Classic Jorge
02-03-2016, 10:40 PM