PDA

View Full Version : Werll well, that was....a rather EXCELLENT performance from the boys. I really

Paul Vaessen's moment of glory
01-17-2016, 06:29 PM
thought Stoke might steamroller us if things went their way,as they have done to most teams at home this season, but our lot simply didn't let them. A more "workmanlike" midfield in the absence of Ozil turned out to be no bad thing. I thought Campbell and Flamini were absolutely immense. Campbell's through balls are proving to be a skillfully delivered potent weapon - yes, he could have passed at the end, instead of shooting, but how can you begrudge him an effort on goal. Both teams had good chances to score, but with Cech (what a double save that was!)and the next Gordon Banks in goal for the two sides, it proved very difficult.
Despite Koscielny's best efforts (at least three) to provide openings for Stoke players, we survived. Ramsey's passing was a bit off too. I thought there was improvement from the Ox, although you could tell he wasn't very confident when passing and tried to keep it simple. Iwobi showed good composure too when he came on. Amazingly no bookings in the game!
Well, there was the "fight" one expects from title contenders. A point at Stoke is never to be frowned at and the fact that the boys shut the Stoke crowd up for most of the game says a lot.

Ashberto
01-17-2016, 06:43 PM
Ox good on the ball but still little bit poor on the pass. We weren't bullied out of the game despite their constant fouling. No huge gaps in midfield as we've seen recently. Joel showing again how his defence-splitting balls are no fluke. Iwobi very tidy again and shutting up the home fans in the second half helped us to the point. Both Mancs have lost there this season and we usually lose there so feeling quite positive despite hoping for more from these two away games.

Dorset Gooner
01-17-2016, 07:05 PM

Ashberto
01-17-2016, 07:16 PM

Alexism - Atheoist
01-17-2016, 08:00 PM
ESPECIALLY well done yanking Theo. About time that overpaid excuse for a human kick the ball out of the field machine got reminded that he's paid to deliver, not just to be on the pitch.

Iwobi looked livlier and the team more cohesive.

So a point away without Alexis, Ozil, Cazorla, and Coq? I'll take it.

Monty91
01-17-2016, 08:03 PM
Almost as if football fans are fickle cretins

Monty91
01-17-2016, 08:04 PM

Brexit = Keine Pumpernickel
01-18-2016, 12:08 AM

Alexism - Atheoist
01-18-2016, 12:46 AM
I've always been skeptical of Theo and I even had the tagline "Respect the Giroud" for a while earlier this year.

Find otherwise before assuming a condescending air of superiority please.