PDA

View Full Version : I wonder how the Guardian will tackle this won?

Brentwood
12-14-2015, 10:07 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/stefonknee- wolschtt-transgender-father-leaves-family-in-toronto-to-star t-new-life-as-a-six-year-old-a6769051.html (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/stefonknee-wolschtt-transgender-father-leaves-family-in-toronto-to-start-new-life-as-a-six-year-old-a6769051.html)

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
12-14-2015, 10:15 AM
A boot to the arse might do him some good.

Monty91
12-14-2015, 10:20 AM
other 6 year old :shrug:

I just hope they can find him a good school.

Monty91
12-14-2015, 10:23 AM
a 6 year old as a dangerous lunatic? As you well know, a 6 year old does not yet possess the mental faculties to be described in such terms. She cannot even be charged with a crime.

Have some respect and empathy for the poor little girl.

Berni
12-14-2015, 10:26 AM
You remember me saying how the acceptance of lies and delusions as fact cannot be tolerated since it makes reason impossible, forces us logically to accept any number of idiocies and devalues the currency of truth? Well here we are.

In Arsene we rust
12-14-2015, 10:29 AM
I take it "they" will not want to work or look after the kids anymore but "they" will be claiming benefit from the welfare...parasite! :-(

redgunamo
12-14-2015, 10:31 AM
Not least by many of our major and most venerable institutions,; government, business, media and so on.

Berni
12-14-2015, 10:33 AM
in his 40s could be described as 'easy'. 'Easy' would be skipping town, changing your name and hooking up with a stripper like any normal man would do.

Monty91
12-14-2015, 10:34 AM
wanting to change their identity in such drastic fashion. So I don’t think you can lay the creation of this bloke at the door of the transgender apologists and enablers.

In the case of transgenders, there are, I believe, 500,000 known cases in the UK alone and presumably many more still in the closet. I agree that there is a massive question mark over whether we should be offering them state-funded surgery, but equally I think your claims of it being the thin end of the wedge are somewhat exaggerated.

Berni
12-14-2015, 10:34 AM

Berni
12-14-2015, 10:40 AM
something they are clearly not (with no scientific evidence to support your claim), you put yourself in the position of no longer being able to say declare any demonstrable truth as absolute, since you have already accepted the principle that your reason is trumped by someone else's self-identification.

As for the numbers, essentially, what is happening is that delusional attention seekers all over the country are now jumping on the bandwagon because they are being told their delusions are not only acceptable, but actually a good thing. This is going to come back and bite them on the arse down the road, but no-one cares about that. They're all busy pretending these lunatics are brave and admirable.

redgunamo
12-14-2015, 10:41 AM

redgunamo
12-14-2015, 10:44 AM
Except, of course, to those who will be picking up the bill, and probably not even to them. There's clearly all sorts of nonsense we already pay for; this is just one more damn thing.

Monty91
12-14-2015, 10:47 AM
transgenders or man-babies) are still acknowledged by the medical community as mentally ill and our treatment of them is meant to serve as treatment not to provide a cure.

I agree that this may very well be a crazy way to deal with the problem. But you do NOT have sufficient evidence of it being a slippery slope and you’ve done nothing to show that you do other than repeat the claim.

Berni
12-14-2015, 10:48 AM
himself Muriel, that's fine by me as long as he's paying for it.

What I will not do, however, is call him 'her' or participate in his delusion that he's a woman. He's not and never will be.

redgunamo
12-14-2015, 11:54 AM
Any refusal would be the act of a bigot and would have no place in a modern, progressive society.