PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday night was arguably the best moment at the Grove since

Ashberto
10-23-2015, 02:44 PM
beating Man Utd a couple of weeks earlier, or since That Night Against Barcelona?

Surely the latter. I realise that some don’t want us to want us to come third, or even to qualify from the group, and others don’t care whether we do or don’t, but as Alan Davies pointed out in his podcast, football just doesn’t get much better than that. I don’t know how Pep’s teams can do what they do, but it is amazing to watch, and was amazing also to see the Arsenal players deal with that, and cause them so many problems including two goals, and without conceding. A great football match, between two sets of players of exceptional quality, with supreme effort without foul play, two managers who respect each other, and both sets of fans making a great atmosphere. Amazing seens imo. Sixty-four quid? Bargain.

Too bad we’ll go out to Olympiakos on away goals, really. :-|

Luis Anaconda
10-23-2015, 02:45 PM

Pat Vegas
10-23-2015, 02:55 PM
Because that's what the CL is all about.

The group stages can be boring usually but that was a fantastic performance all round.

So even if we did go out we beat one of the best.

and this is why the team can be frustrating sometimes. Because they are capable of this fantastic play when they put their minds to it. Sometimes it is out of our hands but this is good. This team can win the league but it will take a lot of luck along the way (decisions/referees/injuries) if they can keep this winning formula.

Apart from that Hector Kray Bellerin is becoming one of my favourite players rather quickly.

Ashberto
10-23-2015, 03:00 PM
If they say we're good we'll have a stinker and if they say we're a bit crap then something like that happens. They must prefer teams who are a little bit the same every week.

Jake
10-23-2015, 03:07 PM
Barca was great but they absolutely c**ted us; this time we had an actual strategy.

Still can't believe we won tbh.

It's only a f**king group game :hehe:

arse-nick (avid-analogue-addict)
10-23-2015, 06:16 PM
stunned mullets. Supreme self discipline and belief. It must've been a major headache for Wenger,just who to start up front.
I was very chuffed for Ozil, he gets a bit of stick, unfairly, he really is putting a stint in now.
I so hope we can build on this, it would be pretty depressing to go out, after such a superb performance.

Chief Arrowhead
10-23-2015, 08:25 PM
there's some chant like that, but games is an American word, so ....