PDA

View Full Version : It seems the strain of trying not to f**k up too badly has been too much for poor Jeremy Frown

Berni
09-30-2015, 10:22 AM
No sooner had he delivered one of the most rambling and amateurish conference speeches ever than he managed to speak at a 'Labour Friends of Israel' meeting without being able to bring himself to utter the word 'Israel' - leading inevitably to heckling. :hehe:

Not content with this, he then blurts out we should apologise for slavery and - best of all - has now said that, were he Prime Minister, he would never use nuclear weapons in defence of this country. :clap:

He really is proving tremendous fun. Can we keep him? :hehe:

Classic Jorge
09-30-2015, 10:28 AM

Berni
09-30-2015, 10:34 AM
Publicly admitting you would never use our nuclear deterrent is effectively to remove the cornerstone of this country's defence against foreign attack. It is tantamount to treason and would be an entirely justifiable reason for a military coup in the highly unlikely event that this old fool were to get elected.

Classic Jorge
09-30-2015, 10:37 AM
I love the idea of someone suggesting they'd not fancy wiping out the best part of a million people in one fell swoop is a bad thing.

It's almost as silly as the idea that we're going to be invaded as soon as we stop paying protection money, effectively a quarter of our whole defence budget, to the US for a defensive solution even they wouldnt be as bat**** crazy to use.

Berni
09-30-2015, 10:46 AM
It is the primary duty of the Prime Minister to protect and defend the population of the United Kingdom by any means necessary. Someone who publicly states that he would not be prepared to do so therefore cannot be allowed to be Prime Minister. It really is that simple.

Classic Jorge
09-30-2015, 10:53 AM
We're all signatories to the non-proliferation treaty anyway, we should stop proliferating really.

The world has been held back enough by paranoid men with itchy trigger fingers pointing nuclear warheads at eachother.

Berni
09-30-2015, 10:58 AM
done with this incredibly dimwitted statement - removes that protection. That is the nature of a deterrent. We don't want to use our nuclear missiles and there is a possibility that - even if we were attacked - we never would. However, the threat that we might is what counts.

Corbyn's stance would reduce us to trying to bluff with all our cards face up.

Classic Jorge
09-30-2015, 11:04 AM
That's even before we go into the actual logistics of wiping out millions of people, which isnt even possible under the new trident set-up as they'd have to be fired via the US anyway.

The irony of it all is that he's the most british of men anyway, the man is all tweedy politeness, manners and principles.

Berni
09-30-2015, 11:22 AM
It's true that we rely on US technical support to maintain Trident. However, the idea that that makes it anything other than an independent nuclear deterrent is nonsense.

Once the sub is at sea and underwater it can't be contacted except at pre-arranged times when it sends up a radio buoy. All that is required is the word from the PM to fire. Once that has been received, the sub captain doesn't need permission or codes from the US, or even from the UK. He just needs to give the order to fire. Similarly, once in the air there is no 'self-destruct' button or code like you see in the movies. Neither do they need GPS system to navigate.

As long as the system is operational then it really is independent of the USA.

And Corbyn is a disgusting, cowardly little moral relativist who hates this country and everything about it. I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire.

Classic Jorge
09-30-2015, 11:30 AM

Berni
09-30-2015, 11:40 AM
want. Do you see how it works?

Our nuclear deterrent is operationally independent, which is all that counts when it comes to actually using it. If our Prime Minister gives the requisite order, we can fire it whenever and wherever we like.

Classic Jorge
09-30-2015, 11:43 AM
I presume they've stopped us pointing it at the US, for instance.

I'm still not entirely sure we can fire it without the US say so but I bow to your clear knowledge (and odd fetish) for that sort of thing.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-30-2015, 09:32 PM
When we got it, we promised only to use it if there was a very real, existential threat to the UK itself.

But that's all they have: our 'word'.

So there is absolutely nothing to stop the PM, or the captain of a sub, nuking the yanks tomorrow.

Which is why I wanna keep it. Just in case we get the chance.

f**k their superheroes and ****ty violent rap and commercial pop that glorifies consumption that passes for a culture over there.

If it all kicks off, I hope our missiles can 'accidentally' take out some septics.

So I'm afraid Berni's right on this - as he often is on killing toys and mil-hist.

Love and peace.

GG