PDA

View Full Version : Without wishing to reinforce the rather harsh sentiment expressed in the above sticky, why has there

Monty91
09-24-2015, 08:08 AM
not been any criticism of Wenger’s selection policy last night?

And no, “because we won” does not count as a credible answer.

Luis Anaconda
09-24-2015, 08:15 AM
and it was the Capital One Cup not the Champions League

Luis Anaconda
09-24-2015, 08:17 AM

PSRB
09-24-2015, 08:18 AM
normally it's choc full of French 17 year olds

Monty91
09-24-2015, 08:18 AM
took on a far greater importance. I’m pretty sure a lot of people would have had something to say had we lost.

Luis Anaconda
09-24-2015, 08:21 AM
all reserves now (arguably in Per's case but I have a feeling Wenger will stick with Gabriel for the next three games at least just to piss off Mourinho)

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
09-24-2015, 08:22 AM
As important, if not more, to give the peripheral first team squad members a chance to run around.

PSRB
09-24-2015, 08:23 AM
of our decent prospects out on loan

09-24-2015, 08:24 AM
Now there's a player who I would have expected to be at home watching Barcelona on the other channel.

:hide:

Luis Anaconda
09-24-2015, 08:24 AM

Ben.
09-24-2015, 08:25 AM
The sight of Andros Townsend running infield where most of our team are waiting for him was particularly reassuring.
If he watches Arjen Robben he might realise that the trick is to make them at least think you will down the outside.

09-24-2015, 08:25 AM
City rolled out their 150m forward line the other night.

Luis Anaconda
09-24-2015, 08:26 AM
Cech, the two centre halves and Coquelin - oh and Santi

Luis Anaconda
09-24-2015, 08:27 AM
f**king Greek Government levels of poverty there

Luis Anaconda
09-24-2015, 08:28 AM

Monty91
09-24-2015, 08:28 AM
out irrationally.

Ben.
09-24-2015, 08:29 AM
they're pretty poor.

09-24-2015, 08:40 AM
You will regularly pose questions, or issue an *opinion* where you have simply gone out of your way to appear different or to underline your somewhat ridiculous stance about football supporters in general.

You appear to try and apply a sense of logic or reason to a past-time (i.e. being a football supporter of a specific club) which is largely based on the polar opposites of logic and reason.

This one just now for example, it is blatantly f**king obvious why there has been no criticism of team selection, the simple combination of factors mentioned by some. It is, notwithstanding the imminent inputs from Mohamed and Rich, probably the most stupid thing that will be posted here this day.

In general, your comments simply suggest you have f**k all real understanding of football.

So, in summary, you actually are a c**t.

Billy Goat Sverige
09-24-2015, 08:43 AM
see and he comes on here claiming he shinned it. Either he's blind or just a c**t.

Monty91
09-24-2015, 08:47 AM
reasonable. Sure, in the heat of a game, I am as prone as anyone to both of these emotions, but in the cold light of day, if people genuinely care about the club why on earth would they not bother to apply logic and reason to their judgements of it and its employees?

Anyway, you're pretty judgemental yourself, basically describing anyone who is interested in anything you aren’t as “deviants “ .

Monty91
09-24-2015, 08:58 AM
I looked at the Daily Motion clip you posted and the touch wasn’t perceptible, so either I was wrong or you’ve not seen the same clip I’ve seen.

09-24-2015, 08:58 AM
Not always, or by all, but certainly by the majority of people and on most occasions.

Diego Costa is a perfect and topical example, a player who to the supporters of 19 Premier League clubs represents most of what is wrong with football, a player abhorred for his actions. Thing is, stick him in a red and white shirt with Fly Emirates across the chest and we, almost to a man, would defend him and lavish our footballing love on him.

We would regularly ‘demand’ penalties or decisions from referees, yet jump to our feet and abuse the referee if he made the same decisions against us.

There is little reason or logic in being a football supporter.

However there can be and often is logic or reason in being a supporter of football.

And purely for the record and to avoid any confusion, you will be fully aware that on here my and others use of the term ‘deviant’ is used with a nod to attempted humour, as I suspect a lot of your own comments are. I suspect, and indeed hope, that you don’t actually want people to get cancer.

Peter
09-24-2015, 09:08 AM
That we hsve no real desire to win.

The champions league is the biggest and richest club competition in the world and we are in a group where you dont really want to drop points against the crap sides.

In both financial and footballing terms the answer to your question is f**king obvious amd you know it. So why are you asking?

Oh, amd you are not necessarily a c**t

Monty91
09-24-2015, 09:17 AM
accused him of disrespecting the fans by putting out a weak side against our biggest rivals in on one of only two competitions we have a chance of winning.

Of course I understand why he selected that team (just as I understand why he selected the team in Zagreb). My only capacity for rationality and logic is not in question, as I’m sure you would humbly acknowledge.

Peter
09-24-2015, 09:22 AM
So you know the answer to that as well.

I think the concern should be around the performances of arteta, debuchy and chambers rather than on the selection. I didnt watch last night but have seen the highlights and heard enough to suggest that none of the three are performing the way they should.

On paper they are all strong selections.

I just watched the flamini goal and was a bit surprised. He waited for it nicely and it was quite well controlled but hardly the netbusing worldie i had been promised. No evidence of a shin though

PSRB
09-24-2015, 09:23 AM
would have said why the hell were they playing

f**ked either way

Peter
09-24-2015, 09:26 AM
Although i do appreciate that it was spurs. I hope we lose in the next round.

PSRB
09-24-2015, 09:27 AM
especially when his RB was all over the place

09-24-2015, 09:28 AM
Peter Moan is probably your name.

Apologies if this sounds harsh.

Peter
09-24-2015, 09:29 AM
It is just who you are.

Peter
09-24-2015, 09:31 AM
And that there was no pressure on him at all. The highlights show this to be *******s.

It wasnt great but it was hardly a f**kwit error.

09-24-2015, 09:32 AM
We'll say no more on the matter.

Though I am glad that you “expect” pertinent commentary and nailed on accurate observations from me.

Good day.

Peter
09-24-2015, 09:37 AM
And celebrating it. Ok, sometimes you may be dismissive, rude, even agonisingly wrong, but that is ok.

Rich tapestry and all that :-)

PSRB
09-24-2015, 09:40 AM

09-24-2015, 09:45 AM
"wrong".

Thank you and I accept your apology.

Peter
09-24-2015, 09:48 AM
And that's a good thing :-) :bow:

09-24-2015, 09:55 AM
I expect you know this.

As I drove to work the typically Irish radio DJ was making a rather unnecessary song and dance of this occasion and proceeded to play a song of his. It was quite awful.

Very briefly I thought of you and Sir C, then I gathered myself and thought “I don’t like this c**t” so I reached out and pressed the CD button on the car thing and The Jam came on, Hit Parade disc 1.

My children cheered in the back and asked me to fast forward to Going Underground, which I did.

In the end a satisfactory start to the day for all.

Peter
09-24-2015, 10:00 AM
I didnt know about the birthday actually. I care little for the private lives of artists, only for their art.

I would like to know which song they played purely to reach a judgement over your choice of radio stations.

I would have skipped straight to tube station at midnight, for the record.

09-24-2015, 10:10 AM
An unnecessary gift of course given that I already owned every tune on the 4 disc compilation (The Jam, The Style Council, Solo x 2), quite often in the case of say songs from All Mod Cons, however I accepted the gift with grace and appreciation.

By all accounts I am “awkward” to buy gifts for though I find this genuinely hard to believe.

I find the CD collection is good for driving as depending on the journey duration I can allow the family to immerse itself in his work from 77 to the current day.

I have no idea what song was played but it was not one of the more obvious ones.

I would concur on Tube Station though I am sure you can accept that with such a rich canon of work to choose from it really is one of personal choice. The 6 and 8 year old like GU and Malice, Eton Rifles also.