PDA

View Full Version : I usually really like "The Breakdown" on Arsenal.com, but this Theo Walcott as main man thing ugh

Alexism - Atheoist
09-22-2015, 02:01 PM
Of the highlights he pulled to show us how intelligent Theo's runs were:
2 were offside
2 had 15 yard first touches that took him away from goal.
1 off-balance tame shot that was never ever going to score post U16s.
1 shot too early from a terrible angle rather than driving into the box and shooting from closer, better angle, putting defenders under pressure.

To me, Theo's biggest problem is that he lacks the desire/ability to take people on 1 on 1 when there's a defender in front of him. Everything is away from the defenders (either a pass or a dribble away), and if the defender is marginally decent, that means away from the goal too. He plays way too safe and can only threaten if it's a through ball. He needs a lot more Alexis in his game.

(There is a slight chance I am not remembering things that oppose this feeling, but nah.)

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
09-22-2015, 02:12 PM
Let’s be honest from 1 to 11 on the pitch there has not really been that much to crow about this season.

The club website, this Breakdown you allude to, is simply doing its bit to endorse the message coming from Wenger that Walcott is indeed a striker and a very good one at that.

Alexism - Atheoist
09-22-2015, 03:11 PM