PDA

View Full Version : How **** is Alexis

Ashberto
09-22-2015, 12:36 PM
at the moment?

I am getting flashbacks every time he cuts inside, beasts the first man, then ploughs into a cul-de-sac and loses it.
That and his finishing.

Yeah, so lacking a little bit sharpness, no pre-season etc but still. Does he need a proper rest. Has Wenger broken him?

Jake
09-22-2015, 12:41 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing him given a rest, Mez coming out on the left, shift Rambo inside and play Theo on the right w Giroud up top.

imo

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
09-22-2015, 12:46 PM
Stoke for example, two off the woodwork, one goes in and the Alexis love affair kicks in again.

All the issues which you comment on were happening in abundance last season but were overlooked as his otherwise brilliance shone brighter. It’s a similar scenario with Ramsey whose general play was overlooked back when he was scoring loads, his possession conceding flicks were overlooked as he was good for a goal, then when they dry up people start getting annoyed again.

09-22-2015, 12:49 PM
Stoke for example, two off the woodwork, one goes in and the Alexis love affair kicks in again.

All the issues which you comment on were happening in abundance last season but were overlooked as his otherwise brilliance shone brighter. It’s a similar scenario with Ramsey whose general play was overlooked back when he was scoring loads, his possession conceding flicks were overlooked as he was good for a goal, then when they dry up people start getting annoyed again.

Luis Anaconda
09-22-2015, 12:50 PM

Wembleygooner- raised in hornsey
09-22-2015, 12:51 PM
I like that he tries - they aren't all going to come off but he is good for keeping defenders on their toes - I love watching him play - he needs to be protected by the rest of the squad on the pitch - and they also need to adapt to his game - sharpish - for me Ramsey has been the most wasteful

Ashberto
09-22-2015, 12:57 PM
because he was, you-know, Patrick Vieira?

09-22-2015, 12:58 PM
Sanchez has always, relative to others, conceded possession a lot.

When things are not going well it can be noticed, especially if a player is already the subject of a degree of fan frustration. If the player however is regularly popping up with match winning goals, often almost ‘carrying’ the team in this respect, then other shortcomings are overlooked. It’s entirely natural and I am not criticising any for such behaviour.

Had Theo or Giroud missed the chance on Saturday that AS did more moaning would have occurred. Sanchez is currently on a free ride in this respect.

09-22-2015, 01:02 PM
Presumably because he was so f**king good as to win it straight back.

Of course I can recall that pass which changed the course of modern football history, then again that pass would not even had occurred had another person scored the penalty.

Naturally I would tend to forgive PV most things, even his almost annual flirtation with other clubs.

Ashberto
09-22-2015, 01:18 PM
and of course we didn't care because he kept scoring, but I don't think it is just the goals that are the difference at the moment. Perhaps scoring a couple will improve his ability to not lose the ball (which he is doing even more than last season, I think). Part of my point was that he might have been rushed back by AW as a reaction to the team being **** against West Ham.

09-22-2015, 01:24 PM
A decision at the time which many thought odd given his relatively short break post Copa America. Still we have to trust the medical / conditioning people at the club in this respect.

He will presumably need a break at some point but the current absence of 1-2 others, perhaps allied with a reluctance to buy in the summer, makes it very difficult to achieve this.

The Tony
09-22-2015, 01:38 PM
Jose Reyes was allegedly patient zero.

Rich
09-22-2015, 01:46 PM

7evens
09-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Also a constant feature of Ozil's game, mitigated by some top passing and movement off the ball

Brentwood
09-22-2015, 01:51 PM

Pokster
09-22-2015, 02:00 PM

Alexism - Atheoist
09-22-2015, 02:06 PM
and he gets subbed in the first game of the season and starts the rest. He'll be poor all season now, sorry. Or injured and out 3 months. Very short term thinking.

Didn't we see this before with Cazorla in season 2? He played all summer for Spain came back and was very poor all season. Rested up he was great again the next.

Didn't we see this with Ozil 2 years ago? Took a break and came back strong.

Didn't we see this with Per last year?

When are we going to learn?

Throw Ozil left, Ramsey central and Ox/Theo right for 3 games and get a fully refreshed Alexis back for the 4th game. You can't tell me the players above would be a big decline in quality.

Or throw Campbell on the left and see if he surprises you. We all know how hard it is to impress without a run of games - give him 3 and see.

09-22-2015, 02:06 PM
Had you written the post for example it would have been little more than a foot stamping exercise in which you beseeched Wenger to buy <<insert name of player linked on the internet this morning>>.

Classic Jorge
09-22-2015, 02:18 PM