PDA

View Full Version : :🏉: World Cup......whose going to win please?

The Tony
09-18-2015, 02:00 PM
I've backed Scotland at 200/1 and the Argies at 66/1.

New Zealand = All Washed Up

Luis Anaconda
09-18-2015, 02:01 PM
Have a horrible feeling the Saffers will pull something out of the bag, t

PSRB
09-18-2015, 02:02 PM
if you're not betting on the Kiwis

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
09-18-2015, 02:09 PM

The Tony
09-18-2015, 02:13 PM
No mean feat...South African conditions take some getting use to and Durban is just dire...the humidity will destroy anyone. Always got to mark up a performance when someone's able to beat them on their own patch.

I feel there's value in 200/1 for Scotland...People are basing Scotland’s chances on them being winless in the 6 Nations but they improved a lot since then and to be fair they weren’t that bad in the 6N….they were leading 13-10 at half time at Twickenham vs England before losing late on.

But I've seen a real change from them since...the side has strengthened up big time since then...Mentally and physically...I'm not sure what they've fed their players but a couple of them require drug testing imho.

Thumped Italy 48-7 at Murrayfield and should not have lost to France in Paris…had a man in the sin bin for the final 10 but were still unlucky…could’ve kicked for a well earnt draw but got greedy and went for the win.

If they can finish 2nd in their Group they would have an interesting run to the final….either England or Australia in the quarters at Twickenham (awfully challenging) but then Ireland or France/Argentina in the semis.

Although…Pool A is quite tough so I’m not sure what sort of shape England or Australia will arrive in the Quarterfinals in.

Jokes aside they will get past Japan, USA and Samoa in their Group so I’m not sure why they should be 200/1 when really they’ve just 3 games to win and won’t play New Zealand until the final.

Throw in the what-if of England being beat up by the time they make the Quarters and can't match a vibrant Scottish side in a passionate quarter final encounter...like I said before...they were leading at half time in the 6Nations and if the side has improved considerable they could give England a real run for their money in that game.

Argentina can be a match for anyone and like I said beat off South Africa in Durban back in August...that’s no mean feat…..they won’t play New Zealand until the final….66/1 is a little too big especially with the eachway (1st or 2nd) element in play.

(was my thoughts on this).

Luis Anaconda
09-18-2015, 02:32 PM
but all those Championship games should be taken with a pinch of salt given the chopping and changing all the sides were doing. I know they lost the game but South Africa looked very good v the All Blacks - very powerful in the centres particularly. Just feel they may peak at the right time.

Scotland may have improved but you might be remembering a different game - England should have had 40-50 points without some silly handling errors. It was an absolute battering

Hornsey Exile
09-18-2015, 06:34 PM

Snin
09-18-2015, 07:14 PM
:yikes: :hehe: For the bookie !! Lol lol thought you were some kind of tipping expert? May as well have burnt your money tbh.. Rugby not like a lot of sports , quality always wins over if not 1 game then def 2. ..its NZ , England or saffa.. If u want outsiders go Ireland, wales or oz

Snin
09-18-2015, 07:18 PM

barrybueno
09-18-2015, 08:20 PM