PDA

View Full Version : Assume hypothetically that AW would have spunked 50 mil on a striker were one available. Would that

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-01-2015, 05:39 PM
mean he'll spunk 100 mil next year?

If so, cool.

I think this team not only needs a top, top drawer striker, but also needs to work out the best balance.

That'll take a year. Just like last term got us Hecty at RB, and found that Coqy was what was needed, but we therefore needed a passer in the no.8 role.

I think that in Ozzy's first few months, him and Ramby were our two best players - and they really clicked together, look how many assists they made for each other.

This worked cos Mikky was DM and he could start the passing from deep.

But having Coqy meant we needed Santi there.

So he kept trying to shuffle, and ended up with Ozzy back at 10 and Ramby out wide.

Maybe Jeffy will break through or Dergy or Giddy impress on loan.

But whatever, he needs to find out how to fit in Ramby and what to do with Jack, Feo, Ox and Welbz.

Assume he works it out, then spunk 100mil on a top striker.

We have to do this if we want any chance of winning either the PL or CL.

Realistically we should have bid 55-60mil for Bitey Racist, and said that if either of the big two Dagos came for him, he could go for 80 mil.

That would have satisfied LFC and Bitey, would have given us a shot at the title, and would have meant that we could have spunked the sale money, incl profit, and that summers budget going for a top name again.

I hope AW has thought - look at ManU, spending 36m on a teenager. There's nothing out there. So wait until next season but save the 50 mil (we spent 90m last year, this year only 10m) and 7m+ in wages, so we can offer a huge sum and signing on fee.

Unlike Chavski, who can blow a fortune on Fernandy or Shevchenky, and not care if he's crap, we'll have put all our eggs in one basket and have to persevere. Bit like Andrei.

But it's our only hope of getting beyond just top 4 and QFs at best.

Prices are silly, what with loads more cash being around from telly deals but just the same supply.

But if next summer we can get a Suarez for 80-100m, let's do it.

This team is so, so close if we can sort out the midfield to perfection, and add a 30+ goal-a-year striker like Titi or Van c**ty.

We're creating more chances than everybody.

But when you look at having Kanu, Skiltord, Suker, JAR, Eddie etc on the bench, we have got the worst forward line in AW's reign, even if the defence has potential (Gabby, Gibbs and Matty Deb being fine cover. - and I still feel Chambers will come good in a year or two.)

We've got skilful no.10s and wide forwards (often the same player) coming out of our ears.

Olly's a great plan B. Welly and Feo give us options.

We just need a 30+ a season no.9 who can lead the line, hold the ball up, but also have pace and power and accuracy in shots.

If we can find one, hes worth 80-100m to us.

We all know that's what we need. (I'm happy with Coqy {Coquille?} for the mo.)

Look how we matched the chavs with him last year.

We just need that striker who cannot only convert the chances Olly, Feo and Welly miss, and not only have the penetration of Welby and Olly's heading and box-edge flicks.

But one who can make a goal out of nothing like Titi and Van c**ty could.

Let's find one and whack down the wedge.

If he's at any non-BM German team, we can pay more than they could refuse.

But if the next big thing goes to Barca or RM, we just buy their reject for top dollar. The last two proved bargains.

I'd even pay 100m for Bale and stick him through the middle.