PDA

View Full Version : Now that all this nonesense has ended....we never needed to sign someone!!

The Tony
09-01-2015, 05:29 PM
It was wishful thinking but if you look at the squad the only position we needed someone was at in goal and we got Cech so job done.

Wenger has soon many defenders and midfielders he doesn't know what to do with half of them.

Full backs we're loaded up with Debuchy, Bellerin, Monreal and Gibbs.

Centrehalves...I've always believed Gabriel would be our first choice pick ahead of Mertersacker this season. Anyone who watched him Spain knows his quality. He's top top class. This isn't a knock on Mertersacker but Gabriel is a bit better.

Chambers is a worry but don't forget Monreal stepped up big time last season for us. He was shaky at centre half when he first started there but he really looked the part towards the end of his spell there and I'm sure it contributed a lot to his impressive performances at left back.

Midfield I'm just going to bypass - Anyside that can afford to have Ramsey and Wilshere on the bench doesn't have a midfield issue (I'm expecting Ox to take over the right wing duties from Ramsey...his chance is up in that position).

Upfront has been the contentious issues and while I feel Giroud can be doing a lot better (misses too many chances) Wenger is banking on Theo and Welbeck to come good for him...3 players fighting for 1 position....that's more than enough.

It's been nice to talk about Cavani and Benzema but really Wenger wasn't going to disrupt his squad by bringing in more players.

That said...think it's last chance saloon for a few...Can't see him sticking with Giroud, Walcott, Wilshere etc if they don't come up trumps for him...Ramsey could go as well given Wenger hasn't been happy with his lack of defending.