PDA

View Full Version : My view on yesterday's game, and these are FACTS I tell ya

Witharby 2-3 weeks
08-17-2015, 11:11 AM
Number one. We're screwed without Cockylan. Arteta is no backup. Not that Le Coc is a brilliant player, it is that he is the only player we have that can play there. We can probably beat 75% without him but need him for tough games, and the league is getting tougher.

Number two. For all you blind ferkers giving Urzil or Santi the MOM is was Monreal by a country mile. The guy is on steroids though, without doubt.

Number three. Ramsey is a player who can play in numerous positions, just none of them very well. Unless he scores he is by far the weakest link in our midfield. Slow, caught in possession a lot, can't pass oh and all the rest.

Number four. Crap away shirt

Number five. Koscielny is a wimp. Turn your back you big girl's blouse you

Number six. Urzil is lovely

Number seven. Can't be arsed anymore

'Neg
08-17-2015, 11:15 AM

Witharby 2-3 weeks
08-17-2015, 11:17 AM

PSRB
08-17-2015, 11:19 AM

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
08-17-2015, 11:26 AM
I think away from home where perhaps we may not dominate the extra midfield resource of Ramsey may help. As it turned out we did largely dominate the first period yesterday and when we attacked on occasion at speed the play was slowed up when he became involved so Chamberlain from the start may or would have been the better option.

He’s not a righty though and ultimately will lose out unless he gets his correct position back centrally.

Witharby 2-3 weeks
08-17-2015, 11:29 AM
Wilshere in central left with Santi right is the best balance when all are fit, but I would like to see some more options going ahead.

With Diarby gone, Flamini almost at the end and Arteta past it I would say we can look at another 1 central player there plus the Coquelin back-up

Ashberto
08-17-2015, 11:32 AM
was spectacularly retricted by the enourmous pillar directly in front of my seat. Well done the man who sold me that ticket. ;-) In fact you can see me behind it on the highlights celebrating the first goal.

I thought Arteta was decent, actually, though my Palace pal at work who was also at the game might agree with you about Monreal. Tore 'em to pieces down that flank.

Classic Jorge
08-17-2015, 11:32 AM
I'd love to have enough players to enact a different tactical plan, something for when we're a goal up at stamford bridge or old trafford. Stick a little double pivot in there and sure things up a bit. We're short a polish bloke with an unspellable/unpronounceable name.

It'll never happen.

Witharby 2-3 weeks
08-17-2015, 11:35 AM
Ramsey into account. If offload 4 and bring in 3 I think that is fine.

Do not want to stifle the young braves coming through

redgunamo
08-17-2015, 11:36 AM

Luis Anaconda
08-17-2015, 11:37 AM

Witharby 2-3 weeks
08-17-2015, 11:37 AM
If I had know we would win I would have gone with N instead :-)

Witharby 2-3 weeks
08-17-2015, 11:40 AM
As I said, if he does not score he is a liability. His control is poor, his distribution slow and inaccurate and he has no pace, stamina yes but no pace. The play passes him by far too easily.

I know it sounds like what have the Romans but unless he scores his basic play is nowhere near the others around him

Luis Anaconda
08-17-2015, 11:45 AM
Not necessarily on the two games this season (I have seen neither) but I couldn't believe his contributions were mocked last season when he was roundly criticised for the same thing. The player I was watching was creating chances on a regular basis - do these not count. I agree he can be sloppy with his passing but to say he contributes nothing :rubchin:

http://www.90min.com/posts/2227462-stats-show-aaron-ramsey-w ould-walk-straight-into-barcelona-s-starting-xi (http://www.90min.com/posts/2227462-stats-show-aaron-ramsey-would-walk-straight-into-barcelona-s-starting-xi)

Incidentally, the headline is ridicules but there is certainly food for thought in the stats and the article