PDA

View Full Version : Ox and Nacho the only ones to acquit themselves well.

Alexism - Atheoist
08-09-2015, 02:27 PM
Kos and Mert OK. Giroud OK I guess..

The rest? Very disappointing.

Way too complacent with the sideways passes. Way too confident that somehow they'll eventually find the crack in the defense. Ox had it right, take a hammer to the defense and crack it yourself.

We didn't have the rhythm of the passes either - too many just too the man, not leading passes that advance the play. Too often behind the player etc. You can use your passes to tell your teammates where their next ball should be and nobody was really doing that today so it was very disjointed.

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
08-09-2015, 02:29 PM
West Hame were well drilled and superbly marshalled....If only Arsenal put as much effort in the first 70mins of the match as they did in the last 10 mins then the result may have been different...

Fred Killah
08-09-2015, 02:34 PM
not really testing Adrian we still probed and looked lively enough. It was the reaction to going a goal and then two goals down that surprised me.

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
08-09-2015, 02:37 PM
Giroud just not good enough. Would've started with Walcott to add pace to the attack....looked laboured and over intricate in the passing play which slowed things down so West Ham found it easy to soak up.

Fred Killah
08-09-2015, 02:40 PM
a semi lob on when he's on the pitch for us anymore :-(

Alexism - Atheoist
08-09-2015, 02:53 PM
It's quite something to see him remonstrating Ozil when its been the other way around the past 2 years.

Today was about a complacency, a belief their quality would wear open a crack in WHam. Except for Ox who really took it to them. Needed much more urgency.

Fred Killah
08-09-2015, 03:00 PM
ed to pick up on it. Shocking. As I said before, very surprised and disappointed in our reaction to going one and two goals down.

Midfield balance wasn't right today, and it's something I expect to be rectified for the Palace game.

Must be the only one who thought we played decently enough (bar the sloppy few passes) prior to them scoring their first though :shrug:

Alexism - Atheoist
08-09-2015, 03:16 PM
lacked urgency and cohesion. And we looked so cohesive in preseason!!! FFS!