PDA

View Full Version : 5 personal assistants Yikes probably needed to hold her plates of food Rub chin

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
08-07-2015, 12:11 PM
:hehe:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11788923/Kids-Compa ny-boss-Camila-Batmanghelidjh-turned-HQ-into-private-Aladdin s-den.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11788923/Kids-Company-boss-Camila-Batmanghelidjh-turned-HQ-into-private-Aladdins-den.html)

Camila Batmanghelidjh, the founder of the bankrupt Kids Company, ran the charity as a personal empire from an office that looked like an “Aladdin’s den”, former workers have claimed.

The full extent of waste at the charity which received millions of pounds of public money began to emerge as officials began crisis talks with other charities after the group suddenly closed down amid a spiralling financial crisis.

Just days earlier, ministers defied concerns from Whitehall officials to hand it another GBP3?million, after receiving promises to overhaul its management and leadership.

Around GBP800,000 of the grant, approved by the Cabinet Office ministers Oliver Letwin and Matthew Hancock, was allegedly used to pay salaries at the charity, which has seen its staff numbers swell in recent years.

Downing Street insisted that it had handed the money over in “good faith” as part of a “strict” rescue package to secure the charity’s future.

Sources in the child protection sector said that despite the Government’s support for Kids Company, it was viewed with suspicion by other groups who felt frustrated at a lack of apparent accountability.

As Miss Batmanghelidjh vehemently denied that financial mismanagement was the cause of Kids Company’s collapse, new allegations emerged of lavish spending and claims that there was a culture of fear and favouritism at the charity.

They included claims that people ?were employed straight off the street, while Miss Batmanghelidjh allegedly had up to five personal assistants at one point.

A postgraduate student who worked for several months as an intern at the charity’s London headquarters spoke of amazement at seeing the flamboyant style of Miss Batmanghelidjh’s office.

“Her office was like an Aladdin’s den, with a tree in the middle, it was bizarre,” she said.

“I was so pro-Kids Company, but even on day one I just couldn’t believe the waste. The ethos is great and when she first started I think she was very well-intentioned, but having the attention of celebrities around her, her ego seems just to have got bigger and bigger.

“However, I feel that the charity may have become caught up in the attention of the media and powerful politicians, as well as becoming overzealous when hiring staff.”

She added: “I felt that it was extremely overstaffed and that the money from salaries could be better spent elsewhere.

barrybueno
08-07-2015, 12:57 PM
Her surname does begin with Batman though which is kinda cool :hehe:

Supermac1976
08-07-2015, 01:05 PM
Alfred out!

Supermac1976
08-07-2015, 01:06 PM

Mo Britain less Europe
08-07-2015, 01:07 PM
think what she's likely to have done is like the fixer. More like arrogance and waste.

Brentwood
08-07-2015, 01:12 PM
carry a briefcase and assume she can't handle money