PDA

View Full Version : This is quite possibly the best thing I have ever seen.

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
07-27-2015, 02:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNxXego2D8A

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
07-27-2015, 03:11 PM
Racist.

Berni
07-27-2015, 03:12 PM
I was a bit sad when I found out it was just *******s. :-(

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
07-27-2015, 03:14 PM
They talk funny and they say funny things. :nod:

Berni
07-27-2015, 03:15 PM
Also, I've never understood why the word 'yoke' hasn't caught on more widely.

07-27-2015, 03:21 PM
You may enjoy this as it will fit with your stereotype of us.

I was in a pub in Connemara – me, Mrs + 2 kids. Roughly 4pm to give further background. Irish speaking community so all the locals sat at the bar having the proverbial ‘craic’ as you may say.

Anyway … drunk man 1 got off his stool and made his way down the bar, stopped in front of me and after about 10 seconds of staring wildly at me offered his hand and muttered something or other. Naturally being a friendly type I shook his hand and bid him a good day, explained to my children that no, I did not know this man.

Few minutes later he returned from the jacks, hit the pool table en route which may have helped him find his destination, hit the fireplace also and then after about a 2 minute challenge made it back onto his stool and resumed his chat.

So, imagine my surprise when only a matter of minutes later there he is attempting to get off his stool and back down towards the jacks, this time me attempting to not catch his eye for fear of him remembering me. Only as he passed I spotted something a little odd.

After he passed I quickly checked with the Mrs as I was aghast and yes she confirmed my worst fears.

The dirty ******* had only just pished himself in the brief spell where he was sat up at the bar. Quite badly too I should add.

Then he strolled back past me and resumed his place at the bar again as if life was normal.

:-(

We drank up and left. Went to a different pub next day.

Berni
07-27-2015, 03:25 PM
I would never judge you by standards of culchies. These people are basically animals.

07-27-2015, 03:35 PM
We've all seen things in our time but this was f**king unbelievable.

Pub was in a tiny village on the new Wild Atlantic Way, a multi-million euro investment by Tourism Ireland so in theory a pub that visiting Yanks could descend upon for Irish-ness and craic agus ceol.

They had their f**king Xmas decorations still up though they at least had the seasonal sense to take the tree down (assuming they had one) and to make it worse the fairy lights which adorned the place were all switched on and flashing.

In hindsight why I did not just turn on my heels and go the one other pub is beyond me.

Berni
07-27-2015, 03:43 PM
at a shebeen. So I joined them, being about 16 at the time. It was basically a shack in the middle of nowhere where about a dozen people sat around drinking warm bottled Guinness and Paddy while a tooth-deficient, ripe-smelling crone of about - ooh - 34 sang such classics as 'I'm just a savage for bacon and cabbage'. She kept embracing me and trying to dance with me as well. There was some groping :-( It was f**king grim.

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
07-27-2015, 03:51 PM
This fine tradition of bigotry and snobbery is surely Ireland's defining characteristic.

Still, as you would no doubt say, without the least hint of irony, put a beggar on a horse and he'll ride to the devil.

Sorry. 'Divil'.

07-27-2015, 03:57 PM
The dirty ******* pissed himself while sat up at the bar.

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
07-27-2015, 03:59 PM
The chap deserved your sympathy and your understanding, rather than your ridicule.

Berni
07-27-2015, 04:01 PM
Mind you, you surely aren't saying we can't laugh at these dreadful people? After all, we're allowed to laugh at rural types and northerners in England, so why not at similarly backwards types in Ireland?

It's almost like you have some vested interest here. :sherlock:

Berni
07-27-2015, 04:03 PM

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
07-27-2015, 04:05 PM
The poor chap. Is there a man amongst us who hasn't been steaming drunk at some point?

Berni
07-27-2015, 04:07 PM

07-27-2015, 04:09 PM
And I was eating Taytos at the time.

The post-incident thoughts I had on his general personal hygiene were not pleasant.

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
07-27-2015, 04:10 PM
My dead mother was, of course, 'basically an animal' and, indeed, as was so perceptively pointed out by a member of your family, 'ate her young'.

It is this level of intelligance and good manners that marks you Dublin types out as so very superior.

Well done indeed.

Berni
07-27-2015, 04:16 PM
You may feel free to mock my antecedence. Indeed you do so regularly.

And, as you well know, my grandfather's family was from not terribly far away from where your mother came from, so the thing is a nonsense, anyway.

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
07-27-2015, 04:28 PM
Just how many times are you going to rise to that? :hehe:

Berni
07-27-2015, 04:36 PM
;-)

Bergkamp's Brain
07-27-2015, 07:12 PM