PDA

View Full Version : This foxhunting/SNP business is some brillantly cynical politicking by Dave and the gang imo.

Berni
07-14-2015, 01:52 PM
Clearly all it was ever intended to do was smoke the SNP out into the open and it's worked a treat.

Now the resolve of any Tory backbencher who was wavering on EVEL has been stiffened and that it will now pass easily, as English constituents place their Conservative MPs under pressure to resist exactly this sort of naive move from the SNP.

The Government never for one moment intended to waste any political capital on something as unpopular as foxhunting, but they know it's a subject dear to the hearts of many of their rural constituents and that there will be fury in the heartlands that the SNP has appeared to block it - fury that will be made abundantly clear to MPs when it comes to an EVEL vote.

All in all, a job well done - with the help of the SNP, of course, who are so blindly anti-tory and anti-English that they couldn't see they were being played like a fiddle.

Well played, Dave (or more likely George, who I suspect is the real brains behind this) :bow:

Classic Jorge
07-14-2015, 01:57 PM
Letwin and Maude are the intellectual heavyweights in the government and always have been. Crosby wraps it all up for public consumption.

Yes, it's brilliant tactics. I swear if they put as much effort into making real policies that did stuff, rather than fiendish plots to disarm their enemies and capture the narrative then this country would be in a much better state.

Berni
07-14-2015, 02:15 PM
force behind this Government. Dave is a good front man, but I'm not sure he really believes in anything.

Classic Jorge
07-14-2015, 02:17 PM
And, let's face it, a child can understand neoclassical free market economics, it's specifically what it's designed for.

Alexism - Atheoist
07-14-2015, 02:19 PM
his theories.

Berni
07-14-2015, 02:20 PM

Classic Jorge
07-14-2015, 02:25 PM
It's almost as if the entire media is owned by, and largely in debt to, the very banks who benefit from the perpetuation of a clearly broken system.

http://i.imgur.com/EYfrk.png

Berni
07-14-2015, 03:01 PM
money, which caused a fake boom that could not be sustained. He would undoubtedly point to various governments who drew up legislation encouraging bad lending to credit risks, thus creating things like the sub-prime mortgage crisis. In other words, this governmental interference with the market was precisely the problem.

Classic Jorge
07-14-2015, 03:17 PM

Mo Britain less Europe
07-14-2015, 03:25 PM
what to say about the guys they beat?

Classic Jorge
07-14-2015, 03:48 PM

Mo Britain less Europe
07-14-2015, 04:33 PM
goes on to say the winner is rubbish.

Alexism - Atheoist
07-14-2015, 09:16 PM
If loans to poor credit risks due to government legislation was even a tertiary cause of the collapse, then how does this explain that:
1) Nonpayment by the loans to this section of borrowers was not much out of line with nonpayment of other sections,
2) Commercial real estate, which was not subject to these laws, saw the exact same collapse, and
3) This collapse included many countries, not all of which implemented these regulations.
Game. Set. Match on that specious bank-spouted "It weren't me guv" talking point.

However, it might just be that, betting 30x your holdings and then pocketing the "profits" when it worked and putting all the losses on a tab, might just have been what led to the collapse when the tab was finally due to be paid. Just speculating here.