PDA

View Full Version : Is there a deadline for this Greek business or does it just depend how like Germany and the EU want

Rich
07-06-2015, 12:21 PM
to negotiate for? I really cannot envisage a situation where the EU allows Greece out of austerity.

Quite why the people didn't vote 'yes' I have no idea. They're going to suffer badly either way - but staying in the EU at least keeps their longer term future less bleak. By leaving they'll have nobody to prop them up any more.

My opinion is that the majority of the Greek people enjoy riding the gravy train and want it to continue on its merry way for as long as possible. Problem is - the wheels are about to come off and there is nothing any of them can do about it.

Classic Jorge
07-06-2015, 12:23 PM
The Chermanzz would have to kick them out themselves, which I'm starting to think they'll enjoy doing

Rich
07-06-2015, 12:26 PM
I assume a point will come where Germany have had enough and will cut them loose, but how does that process even work. Surely Brussels have the final say?

Can they realistically stay in the Euro after bankrupting themselves?

Classic Jorge
07-06-2015, 12:40 PM

Pokster
07-06-2015, 12:47 PM
it's hardly a surprise they voted no as austerity would get tougher and with unemployment levels where they are I imagine the people thought "how much worse can it get?"

Europe is in a mess and unless this is handled correctly Spain, Portugal and Italy will be thinking similar thoughts.

An election in Spain later this year, the anti austerity party will be interesting to watch

Pokster
07-06-2015, 12:48 PM
better terms... but that can't be donw without the German parliamnet meeting to discuss it.. and they are on summer break now.

Red N White Army
07-06-2015, 12:48 PM
One may follow the other, but not necessarily.

Pokster
07-06-2015, 12:50 PM

Classic Jorge
07-06-2015, 12:51 PM