PDA

View Full Version : Quote from Peter Tatchell: "“Despite what the puritans and sex-haters say, underage sex is mostly

Mo Britain less Europe
07-02-2015, 04:17 PM
consenting, safe, and fun" Note the use of "mostly".

Berni
07-02-2015, 04:20 PM
You should get some fresh air.

Somewhere away from schools and playgrounds.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-02-2015, 04:24 PM
should have been on thread below but for some reason I couldn't reply to Loose Analcondom's post.

Rich
07-02-2015, 04:46 PM
preference would still be for the female of the species.

Why should we tell people who they should/should not be having sex with/bumming?

Mo Britain less Europe
07-02-2015, 04:51 PM
to put the rainbow thingy on their Facebook photos.

the splendor of antigone
07-02-2015, 04:52 PM
http://petertatchell.net/lgbt_rights/age_of_consent/Under-ag e-sex-Statement-of-clarification-by-Peter-Tatchell.htm (http://petertatchell.net/lgbt_rights/age_of_consent/Under-age-sex-Statement-of-clarification-by-Peter-Tatchell.htm)

the splendor of antigone
07-02-2015, 04:54 PM

arse-nick (avid-analogue-addict)
07-02-2015, 06:40 PM
open the door to all types of older men/women, who could now seduce the younger generation and the less bright young ones would be kidded into thinking all was A okay. Even if they had enjoyed the union at the time, some years later huge regrets would/might creep in.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-02-2015, 07:16 PM
saying "he liked it a lot" or the letter published that notorious right-wing rag The Guardian in 1997, where he calls a book which supports adult-child sex (from a gay perspective of course) "courageous".

the splendor of antigone
07-02-2015, 07:42 PM

the splendor of antigone
07-02-2015, 07:44 PM

arse-nick (avid-analogue-addict)
07-02-2015, 07:51 PM

Mo Britain less Europe
07-02-2015, 08:14 PM
defence you posted for chrissake - point 3 says "for the vast majority of children sex with adults is neither wanted nor joyful" implying a minority want it!

This is the text of the letter:

"ROS Coward (Why Dares to Speak says nothing useful, June 23) thinks it is 'shocking' that Gay Men's Press has published a book, Dares To Speak, which challenges the assumption that all sex involving children and adults is abusive. I think it is courageous.

The distinguished psychologists and anthropologists cited in this book deserve to be heard. Offering a rational, informed perspective on sexual relations between younger and older people, they document examples of societies where consenting inter-generational sex is considered normal, beneficial and enjoyable by old and young alike. Prof Gilbert Herdt points to the Sambia tribe of Papua New Guinea, where all young boys have sex with older warriors as part of their initiation into manhood. Far from being harmed, Prof Herdt says the boys grow up to be happy, well-adjusted husbands and fathers.

The positive nature of some child-adult sexual relationships is not confined to non-Western cultures. Several of my friends - gay and straight, male and female - had sex with adults from the ages of nine to 13. None feel they were abused. All say it was their conscious choice and gave them great joy.

While it may be impossible to condone *****philia, it is time society acknowledged the truth that not all sex involving children is unwanted, abusive and harmful."

Mo Britain less Europe
07-02-2015, 08:15 PM

the splendor of antigone
07-02-2015, 08:46 PM
seems that even if we live in sexually liberated times, this liberation was accompanied very paradoxically by the elevation of children to this status of 'Absolute innocence'. All that Freudian stuff which was accepted as common knowledge until 4-5 decades ago (i.e. children's sexuality) disappeared.
Maybe some do not feel that they were abused, and to even entertain the notion that a child might have taken enjoyment from such a thing seems more preposterous than the act itself.

Of course all that doesn't mean he condones it, and he explicitly says so.

I don't see underage sex ever becoming accepted. The Enlightenment's reliance on autonomy is an integral part of liberal society and will continue to be. Children's inability to fulfill certain criteria of autonomous agency ain't gon' change.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-02-2015, 08:49 PM
a fairly arbitrary concept but I get the feeling Tatchell isn't on the side of the angels on this one. Consent, like beauty, is often in the eye of the beholder.

the splendor of antigone
07-02-2015, 08:59 PM
not feel that he was abused, and he may still grow up to be a great husband and father. Still, the 'arbitrariness' and grey zone with regards to consent is probably precisely the reason that things will never change in that area.

*Most rapes are horrific, naturally

Mo Britain less Europe
07-02-2015, 09:07 PM
hot and then thinks twice about it might feel abused. So you can't have a situation where adults are coercing kids into sex in the hope that some of them might both enjoy it and not feel bad about it afterwards.

the splendor of antigone
07-02-2015, 09:16 PM
would that change? I need you to explain to me why this is a particularly homosexual agenda. Here in the West, we -- i.e. non-tribespeople -- believe in UNIVERSAL human rights and moral equality between sexes etc.

Classic Jorge
07-02-2015, 10:17 PM
you know, "show me on the doll where they touched you". That sort of thing.

Classic Jorge
07-02-2015, 10:24 PM
i wouldn't be making to many assumptions about the whole universal human rights business.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-02-2015, 10:28 PM
even if they are against capital punishment, so no one would dare to campaign for adult-child sex. Gay campaigners are on a high from their success and SOME of them see youths as the next frontier in fulfilment of the mythologised culture we mentioned earlier.

And as you can see rom the Tatchell stuff and his references there does seem to be a gay lobby, however fringe it might be, arguing for the lowering or abolishing of the age of consent.

the splendor of antigone
07-02-2015, 10:41 PM
to bum children. Unfair on the rest of us imo.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-02-2015, 10:45 PM

the splendor of antigone
07-02-2015, 11:09 PM
you. I still don't see what this has to do with homosexual pedophiles getting to rape little boys.

Mo Britain less Europe
07-02-2015, 11:24 PM
problems which is why the expense of energy in this waste of shame is so frustrating. There are far bigger problems in the world than the desire of two hairy guys in beards to marry in church wearing white dresses. But you wouldn't believe it sometimes, judging by the BBC.

the splendor of antigone
07-02-2015, 11:30 PM
you've finally come 'round :wave: