PDA

View Full Version : I just had my half year appraisal, Whoops I think I may have put my own nails in the coffin.

Pat Vegas
07-02-2015, 02:09 PM
In the last one before Christmas I was told we will be looking to promote you in one year but you need to show you are capable of being 'manager' effectively doing a trial for a year.

The first 3 months of the year were alright. I trained the new fella which I wasn't supposed to be doing. But since all that job interview drama a few months ago I've been pretty fed up. Still doing the job though and working hard although my Awimb post count suggests otherwise.

So as soon as I go in. 'We don't see any sparkle' 'you look fed up'

I said yeah I am, I gave a few examples of some items I am not happy with. Then they proceed to say they are not happy with this and that.

I said I don't know what to say. Let's forget this promotion stuff then. I'll just come and do the job and that's it.

'Do you like the job' No I really don't and I don't like coming here.

'personally speaking, not based on your performance maybe you should think about what you want to do then' Yep I suppose so.

Whatever I brought up was dismissed. **** situation now I will have to find something else sharpish. I am not going to sit there and lie and say everything is rosey.

c**ts

Berni
07-02-2015, 02:31 PM
Unless you're just unconsciously trying to push yourself out of the door, I suppose.

Pat Vegas
07-02-2015, 02:34 PM
I already have had a call from an agency in the meantime.

Mc Gooner
07-02-2015, 02:48 PM

Pat Vegas
07-02-2015, 02:54 PM
You can't sack someone for not wanting to be promoted.

Mc Gooner
07-02-2015, 03:00 PM
http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1797

If they think you're extracting the urine and not cutting the mustard ....

Pat Vegas
07-02-2015, 03:09 PM
All I Have done is do my job. The appear to want something else.

In fact I've done more than my job.and I've expressed I am not so happy because they asked me if I was unhappy.

I always remained professional.

Peter
07-02-2015, 04:00 PM
Arent great at disgusing the fact that you are pissed off. :-)