PDA

View Full Version : I actually assaulted my first cyclist the other Saturday.

Ashberto
06-17-2015, 03:06 PM
By assaulted I mean that I kicked the front wheel of his bicycle as he rode it into the lift. Yes. Rode it into the lift. Quite quickly so as to get through before the doors closed and straight at Ms A, whom I was attempting to defend by deflecting the path of the bicycle.

Fortunately she was unharmed or I would have been either in prison or in hospital now. He and the other cycle**** present expressed outrage that I had kicked his bike despite my reminders that there were constant signs in the Greenwich FOOT Tunnel saying ‘No Cycling’ and that furthermore this was a feckin LIFT. “Well, I like breaking the rules” was his reply.

This came not long after two bikes missed us by centimetres on the narrow pavement of the Rotherhithe Tunnel (don’t ask) nearly clipping us and sending us all to our doom underneath the roaring traffic. Jolly cross I was.

Monty91
06-17-2015, 03:14 PM
dilute your reputation as an intrepid urban explorer.

Berni
06-17-2015, 03:21 PM

Ashberto
06-17-2015, 03:21 PM
but when it happens nearly every other day it does get annoying. I did a little experiment on the Regents Canal towpath a few weeks ago, which revealed that approximately 2% of cyclists are polite enough to thank you when you jump out of their way. The other 98%...

Of course many people are inconsiderate. Some of them are cyclists, some drive cars, taxis, lorries or buses, and some of them are on foot. Only cyclists though justify their actions from a moral high ground which has been handed them by the 'cycling is holy' meme from the cultural elite.

Berni
06-17-2015, 03:22 PM
byways that is cylist scum, m.

Hang them up by their thumbs, I say.

Snin
06-17-2015, 03:26 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ySVAyy3Tank/SZ1br9X98wI/AAAAAAAAAvQ/9_GzGSMd7CE/s400/nathanbarley_5.jpg

cant find the pic of him n his bmx on the bus :bow: :-)

Monty91
06-17-2015, 03:29 PM
makes it impossible to drive in a natural (and therefore safe) way.

I accept they should be allowed on our roads, but I don't see anything wrong with pointing out that they are uninvited and unwanted guests and should act with accordant deference and tact.

Snin
06-17-2015, 03:42 PM
though tbh I drove in london (on the smaller roads around russel square etc instead of just usually in on A4 / a40 then park) for first time in ages few weeks back ..and did nearly run over a load of cyclists. The cycle lanes have gone way out of hand ? its like you have cycle motorways fenced off from the road but run straight across a road you try and turn left into ??! and they all looked like arrogant twunts on single speeds or wannabe dutchies. Personally I just dont agree with cycle lanes, if you dont have the skill or balls to mix it with the cars then use the bus or walk

Snin
06-17-2015, 03:43 PM

Berni
06-17-2015, 03:51 PM
nice, yes. Particularly since the whole 'I'm going to do what I want and my invisible force field of self-righteousness will protect me' thing doesn't seem to be working out too well for them.

pablo is gooner
06-17-2015, 06:06 PM