PDA

View Full Version : Music "Sepp Blatter, he paid for your ground".

Ashberto
06-08-2015, 11:57 AM
What about this business of FIFA paying the 26 Counties compensation for Tel's handball? A ruder person than I might quip about helping the 3rd world but that might upset people, and besides, that joke's already been done today (about Yorkshire).

redgunamo
06-08-2015, 12:01 PM
football is all about, after all

:-|

Classic Jorge
06-08-2015, 12:03 PM
I blame this weird anti-european thing, you've gone full UKIPs imo

Ashberto
06-08-2015, 12:06 PM
I just headed off the anti-Irish comments at the pass and you blast me with that. :-(

Anyway, Old Labour had a strong Euro-sceptic streak. Remember?

Classic Jorge
06-08-2015, 12:09 PM
In fairness, with TTIP and everything, I can sort of identify with the anti-EU sorts.

Racism aside, of course

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
06-08-2015, 12:27 PM

Mc Gooner
06-08-2015, 12:50 PM

06-08-2015, 12:52 PM
It was spent, happy days, kerching.

Stupid old FIFA if they actually believed for a second that a court case about Henry's hand ball could or would ever happen.

Ashberto
06-08-2015, 01:20 PM
a court. The whole thing seems bizzare to me.

redgunamo
06-08-2015, 01:36 PM
The Irish could've threatened legal action until such time as some legal expert decided he fancied it. Floodgates would be well and truly open after that.

06-08-2015, 01:37 PM
The FAI were (imo) very stupidly and naively kicking up a fuss, ridiculous suggestions of replays and Ireland being allowed to enter the WC as the 33rd side (despite there not being 33 sides in the tournament, irrelevant of course).

Now you would be genuinely shocked at how many people here were falling for it, “football people” as such. So called Irish football supporters who conveniently overlooked the blatant handball by Robbie Keane only 10 minutes earlier in the game, difference being he got caught.

It was also embarrassing for FIFA that such blatant and obvious “cheating” could be seen to win or be the victor.

There was never going to be a court case ever but best to shut us up with a 5m Euro loan which was all accounted for but kept quiet.

Ultimately the FAI have come out of it looking as bad as FIFA have, quick enough to take their pay-off but first in line to throw stones at Blatter afterwards.