PDA

View Full Version : Interesting that a lot of people were happy to see Peter Moores sacked as he hadn't played

Pokster
05-26-2015, 12:18 PM
International cricket.. and we have just appointed someone who has never played International Cricket. Guess it's OK as the new won is Australian so must be good :-|

Luis Anaconda
05-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Moores lack of playing experience may have been a factor in people not trusting him but hugely simplistic to say that people just wanted rid of him to because he hadn't played test cricket. The problem was that while he seemed to get on with young players he seemed continually at odds with the more experienced pros - and his lack of playing at the top level may well have been a factor in that (neither Strauss not Pietersen were comfortable working with him, and they are hardly similar characters) but there were other things as well.

Bayliss has been around a long time, worked in many different environments and is respected by a lot of senior players. He also has worked with Farbrace which is a big plus as the latter is seen as a No 2 coach in the same way that say, Don Howe was to Bertie Mee, or Carlos Quieroz was to Ferguson - really doing a lot of the work with the players but not a front man. Possibly what worked against Gillespie as well, as he might have wanted his own team).

Also worth considering that a large amount of people who wanted Moores out were probably fans of Duncan Fletcher, our finest ever coach and one who also never played Test cricket.

Sorry for the long answer - I know you people who can only cope with the hit and giggle of ODIs struggle with in depth analysis :-)

Classic Jorge
05-26-2015, 12:47 PM
they usually just advise you grow a mullet and murder a backpaker anyway.

Pokster
05-26-2015, 12:50 PM
I was shocked he ever came back... i actually like Moores as he did give the younger players a chance, and i think we will reap the benefit in the years to come.

Luis Anaconda
05-26-2015, 01:01 PM
to support him the first time round and Strauss clearly didn't like the cut of his gib.

tbf the most controversial decision he made was to drop Harmison and Hoggard and give Anderson (and possibly Sidebottom) a proper chance. Safe to say that was one excellent decision