PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the game ,the season and football

modd
05-17-2015, 05:20 PM
End of season game where united dominated first half and we the second half. 1-1 bit lucky for us but really does not matter. We have finished thrid anyway with two spare home games .

Could finish second if city lose to Southampton.

Thoughts on season.Its been very good. first half of season we were poor and full of injuries on 33 points after 19 .
Secocnd half amazing.
45 points from next 19 in all likelihood and fa cup final to go.
Another fa cup final with enjoyable parade to come on Sunday May 31st

Football season overall been poor quality though. Only champions league been any good but even that poor compared to past years. Final between barca and juventus be intresting but both have weakeness. thought barca were good but bayern rubbish and juventus good but real over colour.

Football does need a break for me. world cup , plus a long season taking a toll on a lot of players

Anyway lets have nice day at wembley , enjoy the parade and then get ready for summer relaxing before next season.

Hendon Gooner (Only Easy Day Was Yesterday))
05-17-2015, 05:28 PM
minds on the FA Cup Final. So that WBA match will probably be a boring draw.

the splendor of antigone
05-17-2015, 05:30 PM

modd
05-17-2015, 05:33 PM
and their midfield nowhere near as good as it was in their peak years when xavi and inesta were the players they were.

modd
05-17-2015, 05:34 PM
I don,t really think 2nd or 3rd make much difference to me. think we win last two but only game for ages that mattered to me is the cup final which we going to win on may 30th

was not that bothered at all at today pre season type game.

the splendor of antigone
05-17-2015, 05:35 PM

modd
05-17-2015, 05:37 PM
look at their defence vs bayern or city or psg. hardly impressive

As i sad great attack. but if you took neymar, suarez, messi and inesta away from them, they would not look so effective at all.

pique is a walking mess.

the splendor of antigone
05-17-2015, 05:39 PM

modd
05-17-2015, 05:43 PM
Anyway to be honest looking forward to end of football season. For me once we win the cup, i be happy to put football away for couple of months

Lost a bit of that buzz for the sport this season if i am being honest. bar the big cup wins and the big games i have struggled to be up for this seasons game.s

the splendor of antigone
05-17-2015, 05:48 PM

modd
05-17-2015, 06:02 PM
Bar support i have for the club, most of modern football leaves me cold.

Money tooken a lot of soul from the game if i am being honest.