PDA

View Full Version : What a load of *******s this article is..............

PSRB
05-14-2015, 04:10 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/11605289/Can-men -ever-really-learn-to-love-womens-sport.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/11605289/Can-men-ever-really-learn-to-love-womens-sport.html)

Women's sport in 99.9% of sports a vastly inferior product, the only sports where that isn't the case are winter sports

This particular paragraph being the worst
"There’s a commonly held notion that the standard of play in women's sports isn’t as thrillingly high as in the men’s equivalents. "There's no female Messi" is a popular refrain. Or "Nadal would wipe the floor with Serena Williams". It’s hard to say whether that’s actually true, but it illustrates one of the main stumbling blocks".......No, it really isn't hard to say at all

Classic Jorge
05-14-2015, 04:15 PM
Personally I think it's more to do with boys being generally pushed towards sport and girls not, which makes the playing field (if you forgive the pun) much higher for boys.

Berni
05-14-2015, 04:19 PM
men. If that weren't the case, there would be no need for separate women's sports. The very existence of the entity of women's sport is proof of its inferiority.

PSRB
05-14-2015, 04:23 PM
seriously though, boys are more genetically equipped to chase, hunt, etc

Also, for the most part women are pushed towards sports that just aren't very exciting. My glw had trials for England at Netball but as there's no money in it, her career had to take precedence

Winter sports are slightly different especially skiing as all the kids have to do it as part of the school day. Therefore they can all do it to much higher level than say football, in which a few kids might stand out

2 Strikers?
05-14-2015, 05:37 PM
and given that the majority of sports fans are male it can be no surprise that it's the sports we want to watch that get the majority of the media and financial attention.

We are by nature chest beating competitive creatures, the ladies are not. They compete with each other in different ways and they show an interest in who wins male competition for base sexual and reproductive reasons. The demand from women to watch females compete at physical competition just isn't there, if it was the market would provide for it, end of.

Peter
05-14-2015, 06:14 PM
I mean, seriously :hehe: