PDA

View Full Version : Admin issue at work....

The Tony
04-21-2015, 12:22 PM
following my annual review it was discovered there was a fault in the system from when I first started and I was listed under Administration rather than Finance.

My manager tells me the correction has been made and I'll see a rise in my salary going forward.

-

anyone know where I should start on this? I mean I thought the company just paid really badly and had no idea there was an admin error.

Should I also be re question back pay?

Luis Anaconda
04-21-2015, 12:37 PM

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
04-21-2015, 12:39 PM
Being labelled as Admin or Finance or IT or Sales is not relevant as that is simply a departmental function, all of whom are all subject to the same rigours of PAYE taxation.

If you are being paid less than you should then your salary has been input incorrectly or your taxation status.

IUFG
04-21-2015, 12:40 PM
If (which it should be) there is a contractual arrangement to pay you a certain amount - you are entitled to receive it from the date it became contractually effective.

Pokster
04-21-2015, 01:07 PM
the amount you should have been paid from the start date to the admin error coming to light.

Get everything back in writing as you can always use it at a later date

Pokster
04-21-2015, 01:08 PM

Pokster
04-21-2015, 01:09 PM
does what you have been paid match up with this???

It could be that pay rises are different for admin/finance, so any under pay might only be from your first review