PDA

View Full Version : my view on the general election so far

modd
04-18-2015, 01:52 PM
I think that polls mean jack **** now three weeks out. Look at the undecideds and the tactical voting is key

Snp will no way do as well as people vote. it like silly polls in 2010 with lib dems. they were predicted to ger 80 seats but lost seats in the end.

snp will gain no more then 20 to 25 seats at most. this is because nearer election day comes voters in scotland will go back to labour. Its like scotish independence vote which one stage had snp on 52 % and they ended up with 45%.

same with ukip they don,t do as well as people think as tory voters will go back to the tories.

So for me I think that means both major parties wlll hit above 35% for sure.

There will be loads of tactical voting and that will favour the two big beasts

For me I think labour have the edge due to the boundry system so my gut instict saids for them have minority goverment. but as i said few weeks ago i could see either party getting a majority and i would not be suprised in cameron get a majority as like 1992 could be a lot of slient tory voters out their.

this is because people will go back to major parties nearer election day as to who they want as pm

all i know is their is no way ukip and snp vote share be as good as polls say.

Lib dems vote will fall away for sure.

two major parties will dominate that for sure.

I personally don,t rate either cameron or miliband. Neither is that strong a leader. That said at least neither at as a presidential type pm in way thatcher or blair or brown did in that nasty way. They not as crazy either as thatcher or blair or bleak as brown.

Brexit = Keine Pumpernickel
04-18-2015, 02:02 PM
Our pre-historic voting system doen't favour the small parties at all so UK will probably poll about 58% but could easily lose the seats they gained in recent bye-elections.

I think the only certainty is that the Libdems are going to get absolutely gubbed and find themselves pegged back to their core seats that they have held for 10 years or so.

Miliband is the most inept Labour Leader since Michael Foot and the Welsh windbag and I can't see him getting a majority imo

modd
04-18-2015, 02:09 PM
It favours and protect ths two beats in labour and tories and it unfair big style on small parties. for example ukip could hit 14 % but will end up with one or two seats from that only.

For me we need like european countries proptional representation to be fair but it won,t happen as major parties and the media don,t like that idea as their either tory or labour supporters

Lib dem vote will fall over which for them is sad as they did so much over 30 years to become major thrid party only to go back to square one once in goverment.. Not helped by mr arrogant clegg who does not care as he probally head to the eu for a cushy job

Very depressing. I find both cameron and miliband totally uninspiring. Both corporate men who have no soul. Cameron and ed both former speical advisors who never had a proper job outside of politics

They no way these two privatly educated snobs no anything about the real world. I see no passion or ideas from either man.

In the end I not let decided who i vote for but I probally go for green party in the end. At least they have passions and convictions. I don,t agree with everything they say but at least they got idea of what they stand for.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
04-18-2015, 03:03 PM
@ sign except you don't need to press the shift key.