04-03-2015, 07:53 PM

Alexism - Atheoist
04-03-2015, 09:14 PM

Chief Arrowhead
04-04-2015, 05:38 AM
or are you still blaming Bush

Alexism - Atheoist
04-04-2015, 05:47 AM
16 million fewer uninsured Americans, peace deal with Iran unless the Conservatives prefer war, increased minimum wages on federal contracts and improved standing in the world?

As his presidency winds down, it occurs to me that Obama has been far better than I gave him credit for, though I still hate that he didn't prosecute Wall Street and the whole "kill an American with a funny name without a trial" thing will be his Teapot Dome Scandal imo. And his reluctance to address income inequality until late in his career was disappointing.

So, yeah, all in all, given scorched earth lockstep Repub opposition to anything he proposed, (EVEN THINGS THEY PROPOSED 2 MONTHS EARLIER!) he did very well. Not to plan, but to practical achievement.

Chief Arrowhead
04-04-2015, 06:51 AM
but when you lead with "Peace with Iran" I have to question your sanity.

How about that 1% though? I thought Obama was going to make amends, yet the 1% have made out like bandits under his regime. Are you going to blame Bush? How about that evil Karl Rove. The Koch Brothers?

Classic Jorge
04-04-2015, 10:20 AM
Wouldn't it stand to reason that the debt has tripled since then, given he bailed out a rotten wall street in that time period?

You know I'm no fan of his, but are you seriously suggesting he shouldn't have bailed out the financial sector?

Still, at least your government isn't blaming the whole crash on economic mismanagement, rather than the negligence of under regulation, and disproportionately punishing the poor.

Alexism - Atheoist
04-04-2015, 02:13 PM
office. The budget has 2 components...discretionary and fixed. Fixed budgets can't be adjusted by the President - these are laws. And post Wall Street, fixed budgets increased as more people were forced to use unemployment and welfare and maybe some retired early and started Social Security.

So the REAL question, is what did Obama do about the discretionary budget.

Because the deficit is made of three things - and Obama could only control 1 of those. Tax revenues were way down due to the economy prior to him taking office. Fixed budgets up per above. So what about discretionary spending?

http://www.aaas.org/sites/default/files/RnD/FY2014/BudGDP.jpg

Or you could just say "The debt went up under Obama" and pretend that means he was a crazy spender. :shrug: