PDA

View Full Version : So the Prince Charles letters thing could be quite fun imo.

Berni
03-27-2015, 09:59 AM
I'm hoping for something damning about him insisting the NHS fund homeopathy, tbh. Silly old c**t.

Classic Jorge
03-27-2015, 10:02 AM
He is very much, in the modern parlance, an absolute weapon.

Berni
03-27-2015, 10:05 AM
by the time he actually ascends or - and this would be the dream scenario - puts him in a position where he has to abdicate due to being a complete spastic.

Failing that, hopefully he'll get ill and try to treat himself with the memory of water and die fairly soon.

Classic Jorge
03-27-2015, 10:09 AM
You do realise these people are Royal, yes?

Great PR job on Baldy and the Harry Snow but you can't save the Dad. In fact, a threatened Charles with a burr in his saddle would be great fun.

Berni
03-27-2015, 10:13 AM
These people are just non-executive chairmen, j. History should tell you that they are picked and discarded based on their appropriateness. The line of succession is no great obstacle to that.

Mind you, I'm starting to wonder if Her Majesty will ever die.

Classic Jorge
03-27-2015, 10:20 AM
I mean, Dave has positively fought tooth and immaculately manicured nail to keep those letters secret and, let's not forget, successfully passed legislation to exclude the Royals and their Duchies out of the FoI auspices.

He's as much of a servile, fawning, genuflecting little lickspittle as any of the rest of them.

Betty dying will be bloody unbearable though, it'll be like 1997 times 1000.

That's right, it'll be 1,997,000.

Berni
03-27-2015, 10:24 AM
of monarchy since it works rather well. That's not about the individuals. Indeed, to preserve the institution, it's occasionally necessary to throw one of the individuals overboard - as in 1936.

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
03-27-2015, 10:28 AM
Can we get a 'kapitalistik running dog' sometime today please?

Berni
03-27-2015, 10:31 AM
King' instead. It's going to feel a bit odd.

Sir Charlie of Nicholas
03-27-2015, 10:32 AM
Anyway HMQ isn't going anywhere in a hurry. I'm sure she's determined to hang on until Chas drops off his perch.

Classic Jorge
03-27-2015, 10:38 AM

Berni
03-27-2015, 10:38 AM

Classic Jorge
03-27-2015, 10:40 AM
He doesn't have the balls to make that decision, it's that simple.

Anyway, constitutionally, who has that power. Is it him or him and the Privy Council, or just the PC?

Berni
03-27-2015, 10:48 AM
but is actually just a very pragmatic response to the fact that our constitutional monarchy works very well, is very popular and doesn't need changing. If it did need changing, we'd change it. But it doesn't.

So all the invective in the world is meaningless.

And where you get the 'he hasn't got the balls' childishness from I've no idea. Stanley Baldwin was PM during the last abdication. Did he 'have the balls'?

Classic Jorge
03-27-2015, 10:54 AM
I'm not all that sure the monarchy works that well, especially as it seems to butt up against many of our more modern, progressive new laws on a regular basis - not to mention the fact it's been pretty much at war with HMRC for the best part of 15 years now.

Cameron not having the balls is based on the fact that Cameron has demonstrated his lack of balls consistently over the course of the last parliament so to suddenly think he would cheerlead against Charles, who he's been a staunch fan of up until now, would be doubly out of character.

I can see it from a duplicitous, dishonest perspective though so you may have a point. Tell me again where he's demonstrated he has testes.

Berni
03-27-2015, 10:59 AM
through a progressive and just law on the basis of principle. That took courage - particularly for a PM without a majority.

Classic Jorge
03-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Aaaah, the heady days when they were still trying to detoxify the brand.

Remember all that green stuff, the promises of transparency?