PDA

View Full Version : The introduction of email seems to have not made the work place any more efficient imo

Pat Vegas
03-23-2015, 03:21 PM
In the past stuff got done.

Now with emails you get this constant delay in replying. CC'd on **** you don't need to know. How much time is wasted with all this unnecessary bull****. There are these sort of impression that when you send an email to somebody you allow them a day to get back you. Only to reply not giving you what you need and the process goes on and on. People just leave stuff in their inbox and this constant checking of emails at home or at lunch is just weird.

Apart from wasting time on awimb it's a surprise anything ever gets done.

f**k the office environment. My biggest annoyance is when certain people are known as being cunds so you have to adapt your job to cater for their behavior. If you dare question why a person is allowed to act like a cund and get away with it you get a spineless 'Ignore them, it's just the way they are'

:shrug:

the splendor of antigone
03-23-2015, 03:36 PM
ing ****hole. Become a gardener, till the soil and so forth. Go back to basics

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
03-23-2015, 03:43 PM

Ashberto
03-23-2015, 03:49 PM
Trotsky would be ashamed of that sort of peasant-fetishisation. :rolleyes:

the splendor of antigone
03-23-2015, 03:50 PM
I just said on SSPTT's rant. I mean surely it's time to reclaim your humanity when the delayed response-time on f**king e-mails become the center [sic] of your concerns and consternation?

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
03-23-2015, 03:55 PM
He likes a daily rant.

I am far more important than SSPTT but I don't get hung up on e-mail etiquette in the office. In general I tend not to send them other than to cover one's arse and to have something in writing.

I haven't sent 1 single work e-mail today.

the splendor of antigone
03-23-2015, 04:00 PM
farming grandfather bring it home :cloud9: Us young kids on the truck body (?), the bare-chested, sweaty, and toiling men throwing the haystacks up to us to arrange, grandad behind the wheel senile and drunk, we were singing and having a great time, the women in the kitchen preparing a massive f**king dinner for when we got done with the last load (loads and sweaty men, yes), plucking chickens and so forth :bow:

I remember it like this, Ash https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dFG99vi8OY

This is what it was like living in the Soviet Union, right?

:sovietbliss:

edit: it wasn't actually haystacks, but the bundles, y'know? I'm not too word****ish when it comes to farming terminology.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
03-23-2015, 04:05 PM

Pat Vegas
03-23-2015, 04:10 PM
It's extremely difficult for me to swap industries at this stage. Not impossible but very difficult.

I am not in a position to just walk out and take big risk, I need the money coming in.

People suggest to take a course in something but I really don't know.

the splendor of antigone
03-23-2015, 04:17 PM
yourself in :-(

I have exactly nothing holding me back from entering the woods and living off the God-given soil. Except my less-than-fully-developed hunting-and-gathering skills of course.

Pat Vegas
03-23-2015, 04:20 PM
Things are going well, I like to see what areas i am happy with and ones I am not happy with. I've fixed some of them I want to fix the others.

I think I am quite creative. as I am getting older my tolerance for office bull**** is decreasing. I am also not one to shy away from working hard. But working hard at the right thing.

Supermac1976
03-23-2015, 04:22 PM
:hehe:

Classic Jorge
03-23-2015, 04:23 PM
If you did something more creative you'd still be doing it in an office environment, or at least in a corporate structure of some form or another.

dismalswamp
03-23-2015, 04:35 PM

Mc Gooner
03-24-2015, 07:05 AM