PDA

View Full Version : Ozil seems to display a shocking lack of confidence, when presented with a clear opportunity

7evens
03-10-2015, 11:22 AM
He didn't have a bad game last night and I'm all for passing to a player in a better position to finish a move but a couple of times yesterday, I'd have liked him to have shown a bit more ambition.
The first goal, he had a fairly clean run in some inviting space before skewing it wide and slightly behind the Ox's forward run. The Ox wasn't in a better position at that stage but his confidence to take a player on made all the difference to Monreals finish.
The second half ball where again he worked some space and was clean through, only to then ping it wide to Sanchez.
Perhaps I'm being harsh but at that level, I'd like to see him show a bit more self belief..

Billy Goat Sverige
03-10-2015, 11:26 AM

7evens
03-10-2015, 11:31 AM

Billy Goat Sverige
03-10-2015, 11:39 AM
That's not really his game. Secondly, the two pieces of play you speak of only one was what you'd call in front of goal. It was on his weaker foot so he tried to get it on to his left but in doing so allowed the defender to get into position. However he played a very good pass to Sanchez who but for a world class save would've scored. On the first one yeah he could've taken it into the box but instead he switched play, the Utd defense moved across and there was a load of space for Monreal.

I'm not sure why you'd take two examples of him doing what he does best to then moan about him not trying to score, which is what he doesn't really do.

The Tony
03-10-2015, 11:42 AM
I would say he's on the cusp of turning into a Pires type player for us...more Hleb / Malz at the moment....

Red N White Army
03-10-2015, 11:46 AM

Peter
03-10-2015, 12:16 PM
He made the right decision.

Classic Jorge
03-10-2015, 12:22 PM
He also made the run for the return too, not to mention hung about at the back stick for Monreal to cross to.

For the other one he played Sanchez in when he was in a better position. TH used to do that with regularity.

Pokster
03-10-2015, 12:25 PM
that was only kept out by a worldie