PDA

View Full Version : Great. Just realised the Schneiderlin stats posted blank. Must be pound signs.....

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-08-2015, 03:49 PM
http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2014 /2015/francis_coquelin/126/126/380/0/p|premier_league/2014/2 015/morgan_schneiderlin/126/126/724/0/p|serie_a/2014/2015/pa ul_pogba/137/137/2710/0/p#total_score/tackles_won/aerial_due ls_won_%/total_duels_%/pass_completion/fouls_suffered/fouls_ committed/successful_passes/key_passes/chances_created/tackl es_lost/interceptions/blocks/clearances/defensive_errors#90 (http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2014/2015/francis_coquelin/126/126/380/0/p|premier_league/2014/2015/morgan_schneiderlin/126/126/724/0/p|serie_a/2014/2015/paul_pogba/137/137/2710/0/p#total_score/tackles_won/aerial_duels_won_%/total_duels_%/pass_completion/fouls_suffered/fouls_committed/successful_passes/key_passes/chances_created/tackles_lost/interceptions/blocks/clearances/defensive_errors#90)

I've added BP if he also beats Pogba for the category

Coq beats Morgan Sch on:

Total score (BP - also beats Pogba)
Tackles won (BP - also beats Pogba)
Aerial Duels won (BP - also beats Pogba)
Total duels won (BP - also beats Pogba)
Fouls suffered
Fouls committed (BP - also beats Pogba)
Tackles lost
interceptions (BP - also beats Pogba)
Blocks (BP - also beats Pogba)
Clearances (BP - also beats Pogba)

And loses on:
pass completion
Successful passes
key passes
chances

These are stats for EPL and Serie A this season and are worked out per 90 mins or as a percentage

Pogba's really good at creating, but nowhere near as good defensively.

Coq's much better than him at blocks, clearances, interceptions etc etc

Deleted rest of post to be safe.

the splendor of antigone
03-08-2015, 04:05 PM
side of the game than a non-defensive midfielder* whose job is entirely different?

Fastforward this **** to Wenger ASAP imo

*I'm talking about Pogba obviously

With regards to Schneiderlin, again, he shares duties with Wanyama and/or Davis, whereas Coq has to do everything himself.

TL;DR stats suck cock

03-08-2015, 05:04 PM
There must be some Gilby style proper DM out there, someone who just sits on his own in front on the back 4, that we can compare Coq with.

The only reason I mentioned Pogba is that we've had a week of stories about buying him for 80 mil (yeah, right) and how he'd be the DM we need for world domination.

But Coq's stats absolutely hammer both Arteta and Flam, and they mostly played DM alone. But we know they're not the best - which is why everyone's looking for a new DM.

I just wanna know how good Coq is in relation to other current players, without actually having to watch a team other than us. (And certainly not the lots of games I'd need to get a decent opinion.)

I just want to be able to click on a name on that website and know if he's brill or mediocre.

All I know atm if that he hasn't won us as many cups and titles as Gilberto did, but that he looks a f**k sight better than Hillier, Selley or Morrow.

That's why I want some one to compare him with. Do any of the top 7 EPL teams have a lone DM I could compare him with? One that just plays his role. Pref from Chavs or City, but ManU or even Scousers at a push.

the splendor of antigone
03-08-2015, 05:39 PM
bit pointless. Coq does his job well, for sure. That doesn't mean we can't improve that position and -- if we brought in someone like Schneiderlin or Pogba (hah) -- and adapted our style to also suit their strengths, become a better team.

All in all, let's hope Wenger knows :thumbup:

03-08-2015, 06:16 PM
What worries me is that we all demand 25 mil for MS, he turns out to be worse than Coq, so AW changes formation to try to fit in his star summer buy, and we end up worse than before.

Rambo's best with a proper DM behind him and a proper AM like Santi or Ozil ahead. But AW ruined the first few months of the season by trying to pivot him with Jack either with or without a DM.

Didn't work. Basically, if it's not Coq, then I want someone I can see from stats or reviews (given I obv. won't watch the c**t unless he's playing us) that he is clearly the new Gilberto, in which case buy him no matter the cost.

But given people here didn't rate Gilby for years, I dunno why I'm trusting them to compare MS and Coq.

Billy Goat Sverige
03-08-2015, 06:45 PM

03-08-2015, 06:53 PM
would bomb forward and expect Rambo to sit and cover as AW tried at the start of this season.

I thought that was obvious.

But it is also true that when he tried Jack and Rambo as 2 in front of Arteta, that didn't work either. Rambo was at his best last year with Ozzy, and also Santi.

The point is that trying to fit both together hasn't worked. Rambo's at his best as the sole box to box between one who sits (DM) and one who attacks all the time (AM).

So is Jack. They don't work together.

And it worries me that AW may Coq up the MF by trying to replace Coq but spending heavily on someone who's not as good, and then trying to stick him in somewhere else.

Billy Goat Sverige
03-08-2015, 06:58 PM